using DRIOD since fri - coming from a treo - VERY happy - 2 questions please

3bavboys

Reaction score
1- when using the email app from my verizon.net account (not gmail) - how do you creat a new folder , such as "keep" and then how would you transer an email from "inbox" to "keep" ?

2 - how do you back up the contacts app data to a pc / laptop ?

OP

3bavboys

Reaction score
how , exactly please - ive tried and cannot get it done

Droider

Reaction score
1- when using the email app from my verizon.net account (not gmail) - how do you creat a new folder , such as "keep" and then how would you transer an email from "inbox" to "keep" ?

I don't believe you can. You'll have to either login from your computer to your verizon email or you might be able to do it through the browser on your phone and then you can create folders and move/organize messages from the inbox to those folders. If you are using IMAP or Exchange email setup then you can view the contents of existing folders from the phone's email client but not move stuff to/from them. If using POP3, I'm not sure if you can see folders beyond the Inbox.

2 - how do you back up the contacts app data to a pc / laptop ?

If you create the contacts on your phone, they are automatically synced with the Gmail account you used to activate the phone. To check on this, create a new contact on the phone and after a couple minutes login to your Gmail on a computer and check your contacts. You'll see that the contact was synced to your gmail. Now if you are talking about synced contacts from an exchange account, I don't know if those also get synced to gmail but at the very least they will be synced with the Exchange email account.

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
Google Sync will sync your apps to the cloud. I'm still on my Blackberry so it's probably a little different, but it automatically syncs on its own schedule. You choose if you want it to sync contacts and/or calendar.

If you want that on your computer, it depends on what you're using, but it'd be an app you run on your computer. I use Google Calendar Sync for syncing with Outlook, and then Google Sync to sync my BB to Google.

OP

3bavboys

Reaction score
hang on - let me clarify - all 732 contacts in my droid contact app ...

came from my treo via vcard - is that why i cannot sync using google ?