Email woes

CKyle22

Reaction score
I have 2 email accounts. Personal (gmail), and University (IMAP).

I figured out recently that you can enable IMAP on Gmail and therefore, you can have a combined inbox with both accounts with the Email app.

But now, the *gmail* app still gets the mail before the *email* app, and also when the email app finally does get the mail, I get two notifications! I know I can shut off notifications in the gmail app, but what would be better is remove the account completely from that app (can't do that, to my knowledge)

What should I do? Can I import an IMAP account in my Gmail app? (You can do that with POP accounts) Can I still have one Inbox with one set of notifications? Can I make the Email app check as fast as the Gmail app? 5 minutes is nice, but instant is nicer.

Is there an app for combined inboxes? So many questions and all I want is a combined inbox with both accounts and have emails arrive instantly. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Just un-sync your gmail account under settings-accounts/sync and then forget about the gmail app, it will never alert you or anything unless you actually go in and refresh inbox.

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
That wouldn't make the email app receive emails instantly though. :(

But thanks, I didn't even think of that. I'm only gonna unsync gmail, though, not my contacts and calendar.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what could be done about this too. I don't have a problem waiting 5 minutes on my gmail. Thanks for the answer.