droid 2 - contacts

ashenfang

Reaction score
So after going through multiple replacements on the droid 1, verizon sent my wife and I droid 2's. I quickly learned that the new phones operate bit differently. I have a couple questions regarding contacts.
1. How do you remove facebook contacts from the contacts list?
2. How do you remove gmail contacts From the contact list? When i say remove i mean every single email address in my gmail inbox is listed how do i remove those?
3. In my phone contact list each name is listed twice how do i remove the duplicate?

I think that's it for now just tryin to get use to this new phone.

illmatic636

Reaction score
you can log on to gmail on a desktop computer and on the left side of the inbox you'll see "Contacts" You can either merge, or delete those email addresses. As far as Facebook, got to menu/settings/sync/ select facebook and un-check contacts.

you should be good to go.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Click on the my accounts app, and remove your facebook account ( you can still use the facebook app, no worries).

Cant remove gmail contacts associated with your main gmail account unless you remove the contacts from your gmail account.

If the duplicates are exact duplicates (same name, phone, email etc) you can just deleted them. If they are different in some way, select one then hit your menu key and select link contact, and then click on the one you want to link it to, and it will combine both contacts into one.

akjordan

Reaction score
Is there a way to manage your Droid contacts via g-mail? This is what has been driving me crazy the most. I came to Droid from a Blackberry that was sync-ed with my gmail account. So, when I deleted a contact from gmail via my computer, it would also be deleted on my blackberry. This doesn't seem to be the case with my droid... Any suggestions? By the way, my droid also still syncs my facebook contacts even though I've removed my facebook "account" (not the app tho...).

I love the Droid, but I've had a lot of aggravation with the actual functionality of the "phone" part as far as using it to text and make calls goes... My contacts set up is the most important part of a mobile device for me, so I'm a little frustrated this has been so hard to clear up... :(

akjordan

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. If you get this figured out. Please let me know..

If I find a solution, I'll post it here. You'd think a Google-based phone would sync with Gmail better... >.<

akjordan

Reaction score
Eureka!!! Ok, so I think I've figured it out... Basically what I had to do was clear out all the contact info and let Gmail pull in my contacts. Seems to be working the way I want it to now...

1. Just in case, unsync your Google contacts from your phone under the account settings. I backed up everything by exporting, etc first just in case.

2. Then go here: Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Contacts Storage> Hit "Clear Data"

Be careful because this will delete all of your contacts!

3. Go back to accounts and sync your Google contacts again.

My favorite contacts were saved, most likely because of the "Starred in Android" subfolder in Gmail. After doing this, it looks like I'll be able to manage my contacts the way I want to. I created a contact in Gmail called "test," and it immediately showed up in my phone. I then deleted the "test" contact through Gmail, and after a couple minutes it disappeared on my phone.

Hope this helps. Like I said, make sure you back everything up before you try this, just in case...

I don't know if this will solve the glitchy-ness, but we'll see I guess.

akjordan

Reaction score
Phone already seems to be 1000x faster. Wow. So much trouble caused by a facebook account. Dang. At least that's over now.