Using Camera in Droid X- 2.2

sgrad

Reaction score
I am trying to use the camera, and every time I try to employ the flash I get "Flash not allowed in this scene".
Any ideas why and hoiw I can change the flash settings. It is set to auto, but I want flash to fire "on".
I am using a Droid X android 2.2.
Thanks

diablo.fh

Reaction score
I am trying to use the camera, and every time I try to employ the flash I get "Flash not allowed in this scene".
Any ideas why and hoiw I can change the flash settings. It is set to auto, but I want flash to fire "on".
I am using a Droid X android 2.2.
Thanks

Hey,

Have you tried going the the market and downloading Adobe Flash 10.1?
Does that have anything to do with the flash on the camera? Didn't think so...

I'm having the same issue. Ever since the 2.2 system update, the cameras flash will not work, even when forced. I have the Pro Zoom camera app as well, it simply will not work. The entire phone seems laggy after the update as well...

OP
S

sgrad

Reaction score
using camera in Droid X- android v2.2

I am sorry, that I didn 't explain myself clearly, in my original post.
When I referred to the fact that the flash mode would not change I was referring to the LED light that should fire to brighten the picture.
Not Adobe Flash.
Sorry fot the confusion.

umx

Reaction score
Well my camera isnt even working, i cant even see anything thru the lens..

phartwig

Reaction score
Make sure under your camera settings (scenes) that you are not in macro mode. My girlfriend complained of the same issue. Once changed back to auto (scene) the flash worked fine.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
OP
S

sgrad

Reaction score
Using Camera in Droid X 2.2

That works, but I cannot control flash when in portrait mode. It appears to be controllable only in auto scene.
Thanks

phartwig

Reaction score
Yeah not sure why we can't either but truthfully it is a cell phone camera so I try not to be to picky. I am sure there could be a camera app out there that may fix the issue. For me I just don't need it. But might be worth the search?

xmguy

Reaction score
Yeah not sure why we can't either but truthfully it is a cell phone camera so I try not to be to picky. I am sure there could be a camera app out there that may fix the issue. For me I just don't need it. But might be worth the search?

Vignette is great!

Litz

Reaction score
Any particular settings that you guys are using to make pictures turn out decent? I can't take a picture worth saving with this camera. Everything is always blurry and dim.

schatzy62

Reaction score
Any particular settings that you guys are using to make pictures turn out decent? I can't take a picture worth saving with this camera. Everything is always blurry and dim.

First make sure the lens is clean each time you go to take a picture. I found this out very early on that the lens gets dirty very easily and a finger smucge on the lens makes the pictures blurry. I carry a small micorfiber cloth with me for my glasses and use that to clean the lens before I take a picture and all my pics come out good in normal indoor lighting and outside where there is alot of light the pictures are even better.

Of course they do not rival the pictures I take with my Cannon EOS but hey this is a phone ya know.