Droid X 2.2 rooting issues after un-rooting

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
K so basically here is the story:

I used to be rooted on my droid x 2.2 and then flashed the rubiX 1.0 focused. Then i heard about the update for my droid x that comes with madden 11 and wanted it. So i went to setting>about phone> system updates and it showed nothing. So i figured i had to unroot. I unrooted, but i still have the rubix ROM flashed and cant revert back to stock 2.2. I figured i cant get the update for droid x unless im on stock 2.2 (correct me if i am wrong please. I am not that knowledgeable of droid hacking and what not). So yeah, i cant go back to stock 2.2 because ROM manager doesnt work unless rooted. Do i have to root again to go back to stock 2.2? If so, do i root the same way i did the very first time? Please help me out elaborately. Im not a noob with this but im not a pro either so i need some help!!!

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Why don't you download the SBF for 2.2 (2.3.15) and do that? Then you can get the update.

OP
D

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
Why don't you download the SBF for 2.2 (2.3.15) and do that? Then you can get the update.

How exactly do I do that? Like I said, I'm not exactly a pro at this stuff lol. Where do I download the sbf? On my computer or phone? And after downloading, what do I do with it? And also, will it get rid of the rubix rom I am currently using?, cuz I really don't want that anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
Sbf your phone. My sig has details. If you didn't back up before installing your rom it's the only way.
My instructions will work on your 2.2 phone

OP
D

Droid4Prez

Reaction score
Sbf your phone. My sig has details. If you didn't back up before installing your rom it's the only way.
My instructions will work on your 2.2 phone
Can you give me instructions? Or a link perhaps? Please and thank you so much

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App