Droid X camera issues

DroiderX

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm fairly new to the Droid family, and I have to say that I TOTALLY love it! I came from having a BB and I hate myself for not switching to Android LONG AGO!

Anyway, I'm having an issue with my camera, however (which seems to have started after upgrading to 2.2). Before, any picture taken on my X was practically flawless. Now most of them, however not all of them, come out really blurry/distorted. I have tried changing the scenes, etc. but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out? Is there something I should do/change in settings? Anyone else having this problem? I love my X, but I don't see HOW the camera is 8 mp and taking such lousy shots... Please assist if you can.

Thanks! :)

Sent from my DROIDX

jen7724

Reaction score
I honestly am having the same problem. Almost all of my pics are blurry and distorted and if I take a pic in low light the flash makes the picture almost impossible to see. I don't have a clue how to solve the problem. I've pretty much resorted to only taking pics in well lit, still settings. I've tried wiping my camera lens cover just in case it was smudged or something but that wasn't the problem. There was so much rant and rave about the 8MP camera before the phone came out and when I got my hands on it and started using it I was and still am very disappointed. I also came from a BB and it took amazing pics (even in low light) and had a lot less MP. Sorry I'm no help.

tmar23

Reaction score
I honestly am having the same problem. Almost all of my pics are blurry and distorted and if I take a pic in low light the flash makes the picture almost impossible to see. I don't have a clue how to solve the problem. I've pretty much resorted to only taking pics in well lit, still settings. I've tried wiping my camera lens cover just in case it was smudged or something but that wasn't the problem. There was so much rant and rave about the 8MP camera before the phone came out and when I got my hands on it and started using it I was and still am very disappointed. I also came from a BB and it took amazing pics (even in low light) and had a lot less MP. Sorry I'm no help.

This may not be what you are looking for, but I would recommend vignette in the market. It has improved my low-light pics tremendously. My low light pics were barely viewable with the stock camera app on default settings. With vignette, the low light pictures are much better. Not perfect, but much better. Try the free version before you buy. In regular lighting, I think the camera is pretty good.

jen7724

Reaction score
I've tried that app before, I used it back when the stock camera app didn't have a camera button on the screen back before the 2.2 update. I remember liking it, I'll have to give it another try. I'm a Realtor and often need to take pics on the fly in houses w no power so quality pics in low light are important to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wayneman

Reaction score
Does the app also help in low lighting when using the camcorder???

remingtonman1108

Reaction score
I have yet to experience this with my X. My photos come out OUTSTANDING!

I am however having problems with my camera not turning on sometimes. I have to reboot the phone for it to turn back on? Anyone else have this problem?

Sample Pics from my DROID X

74460_521731480185_141400835_30900984_6588664_n.jpg

149702_521955446355_141400835_30906253_655114_n.jpg

See more of my DROID X photos on my smug mug site!

Droid X (Moble Uploads) - boblongmedia's Photos

GThree

Reaction score
The PICTURES come out amazing, ONLY WHEN you hold the camera and the RED BOX turns to a GREEN BOX. Then it's perfect. The problem with that though is you have to hold the camera button over and over and over and over and over again before you get the green box. It's total b.s. I hate it!! I have no idea what settings to chose to get rid of the focus issue. It's absolutely horrid.

wayneman

Reaction score
Great photos...is right. Definately going to try getting the shot to the "green" button first.
PS Great looking cat!

pudco

Reaction score
I have yet to experience this with my X. My photos come out OUTSTANDING!

I am however having problems with my camera not turning on sometimes. I have to reboot the phone for it to turn back on? Anyone else have this problem?

Sample Pics from my DROID X

74460_521731480185_141400835_30900984_6588664_n.jpg

149702_521955446355_141400835_30906253_655114_n.jpg

See more of my DROID X photos on my smug mug site!

Droid X (Moble Uploads) - boblongmedia's Photos

I also have the problem where the camera will not turn on. I will be using it, it crashes, then it will not start again until I turn off and restart the phone. Then it works fine--till it crashes again... So many people are having this issue. I REALLY hope they fix this update soon because I use my camera a lot and having one as good as this really makes the issue suck even more! haha.