Camera not working on droid X

miamiredhawk1

Reaction score
Just noticed that my camera on my Droid X is not working properly. While it has always been slow, it is completely useless now. After I tap the camera icon the camera opens up and then freezes on whatever I have it pointed at. I also noticed that the shutter on the camera is always open. I have the 2.3.3 android version. Not sure why this is happening. I have tried the battery pull a couple of times and the problem is ongoing. Anyone out there experiencing this issue w/ the camera/camcorder? Anyone know of any fix for this problem. Other than the camera, the phone itself is working fine.

Thanks...

leftspin

Reaction score
try going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Camera>Clear Data

NoBloatware

Reaction score
If that doesn't work, you can try another camera app. Vignette has a good free version. If it still doesn't work I would try clearing your system cache partition. If still no luck I would go for the factory reset.

jstieber

Reaction score
Just noticed that my camera on my Droid X is not working properly. While it has always been slow, it is completely useless now. After I tap the camera icon the camera opens up and then freezes on whatever I have it pointed at. I also noticed that the shutter on the camera is always open. I have the 2.3.3 android version. Not sure why this is happening. I have tried the battery pull a couple of times and the problem is ongoing. Anyone out there experiencing this issue w/ the camera/camcorder? Anyone know of any fix for this problem. Other than the camera, the phone itself is working fine.

Thanks...

Sorry I wish I had answers but I only have questions too.

I have the exact same problems and have tried clearing the camera settings and cache, battery pull, and ultimately the complete phone reset but still doesn't work!

Did you ever figure anything out? I think I'll be switching to an iPhone in October.

Reaction score
I was about to suggest a factory reset since that's what worked on mine, but since you did that already I have no idea. Mine used to do exactly the same thing, but the factory reset fixed it. When I did have the problems with the native app, I used another app like Camera Zoom FX and it worked.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The camera on my DX has been having exposure problems. My pictures are way too bright to be useful. That said, I'm going to replace the camera module, which I can purchase for about $20.

jstieber

Reaction score
temp fix

I was about to suggest a factory reset since that's what worked on mine, but since you did that already I have no idea. Mine used to do exactly the same thing, but the factory reset fixed it. When I did have the problems with the native app, I used another app like Camera Zoom FX and it worked.

Wow! I just installed another camera app as you suggested and it works now. Thanks for your assistance!

Savagerun

Reaction score
The camera on my DX has been having exposure problems. My pictures are way too bright to be useful. That said, I'm going to replace the camera module, which I can purchase for about $20.

Did you try to set your exposure to 0?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Savagerun said:
Did you try to set your exposure to 0?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It's already set to "0".