Uses for Deactivated Droid X

selex

Reaction score
I have a Nexus now as my primary phone, and now the Droid X just sits around if I need a backup phone. I was using it as a simple browser when the Nexus was hooked up to the TV streaming movies, but now I have a tablet that does that function. I looking for uses for the phone.

1. Thought of using it exclusively as a camera since its still a half way decent 8MP, does anyone know of any functions to add to it or a ROM that is exclusively a camera function?
2. Threw Liberty, Gummy, and ICS on it, but other then teaching me how to Root and flash ROMS on it I don't have any other uses for it.

So I'm looking for other suggestions?

Selex

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iDroid (ipod music player)
Dedicated GPS with a third party GPS app (downloaded maps direct to SDCard)

clarkstrange

Reaction score
How can you use a deactivated X? I just bought one and I want to root it and mess with it before I activate it, but I forgot how to get it on. Can you just turn it on? I thought you had to press all four corners or something? Sorry to thread jack.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya... You have to tap the four corners of the screen in a clockwise manner starting with the top left corner

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Fix a wobble in a table or chair?

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Do I touch the four corners when it is off? And if I do a factory data reset, do I have to activate it to get it back on, or can I get around that?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do I touch the four corners when it is off? And if I do a factory data reset, do I have to activate it to get it back on, or can I get around that?

No at the screen where you are asked to sign-in via a Google account you tap all four corners of the screen starting with the top left.

If you do a factory re set this is how you bypass the initial setup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I can't get past the activate phone screen. I don't want to activate it. I just did a factory reset

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't get past the activate phone screen. I don't want to activate it. I just did a factory reset

When the phone starts up... And you see the Android dude... You just have to tap the four corners if the screen

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
To see exactly how it is supposed to work you can try and find a video of someone doing it on YouTube. I know there used to be several available, have not checked lately though.

Sent From the Land Before Time...

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Got it working. I'm on it right now. Thanks for the help! Time to root and put Liberty on it

OP
selex

selex

Reaction score
iDroid (ipod music player)
Dedicated GPS with a third party GPS app (downloaded maps direct to SDCard)

I thought about the Music player, I'll have to look into a new Micro SD card for the phone. Thanks

Selex