Droid X worth upgrading from Droid 2?

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I currently have a (new to me) Droid 2, Rooted and running Liberty Gingerbread V0.8 ROM. I really like it, it's fast, smooth, functional and looks great.

Now I have found a nice used Droid X for sale (cheap) locally and am wondering if it would be worth an upgrade? It would only cost me about $50 if I were to sell my Droid 2

huskur

Reaction score
I can only compare with the D1. That is what i went from. I didn't use the keyboard much so I upgraded to the X instead of the D2. Personal preference for me was the larger screen. I surf alot and get tons of email so the X has been fabulous.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The larger screen is a plus, I don't miss the physical keyboard.

After setting up my DX, I went back to the D2 to make sure I had all the apps I wanted. The D2 felt like a child's toy in my hands.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I agree with the others. I came from blackberry and i dont miss the keyboard at all. X is a must.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

iSnipeCattle

Reaction score
Only con to this phone is the physical buttons. Don't feel very intuitive when using a touch screen to hard press buttons. Other than that, amazing phone. I like it wayy more than the Droid 2.

Beka27

Reaction score
I may be in the minority of people who PREFER the hard buttons. I can never seem to press soft keys "just right", and always have to try a second time. A real button is either pressed, or not pressed. Personal preference I guess.

I would recommend you purchase a used X. I would not recommend you use an official, subsidized, Verizon upgrade on an X.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I would do it.
The DX has many features that I didn't get on my 2.

- It has Android 2.3
- It gets most ROMS and updates before the Droid 2
- It has a great screen
- It has a little bit better call quality (may have just been my ears, but the X sounded better)
- Real Buttons (no more accidental presses)

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I agree with u in that. Ppl have their preference, hard buttons or virtual buttons.

Sent from my RubiX Focused DX using DroidForums

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I had the D2 sent to me as a warranty replacement for my D1 because assurion was out of the D1's. I used the D2 for a little while but upgraded to the DX, mainly for the bigger screen. I was pleasantly surprised with how much easier it was to type and text using the DX over the D2 (I rarely used the physical keyboard). I would say its all a matter of preference, but if you do decide to go with the X you wont be disappointed.