Using Thunderbolt to broadcast movies on Home TV

loophole

Reaction score
I'm wanting to use my thunderbolt that has a movie on it to show on my Sony TV. I have google TV hooked up to my 55 in led sony bravia tv. It does not have DLNA capabilities to my knowledge. So what other method can I use to get the movie to my TV??? Please wanting to get this to function asap.

Reaction score
What the other guy said. Can you hook the tv up to your network? If you have WiFi you should be able to stream.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
L

loophole

Reaction score
Yeah I do have Google tv hooked up which is a WiFi connection to my wireless router which my phone and computer also use. So how can I stream from my phone to tv? Or even computer to tv? Surely it can be done?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
connect pc to tv via hdmi, install xbmc on pc, connect phone to wifi, go to select player and select pc on the phone.

Reaction score
:)

I just downloaded an ap called twonky and it seemed to woke fine on my samsung tv. It also worked on my ps3. You just want to be able to turn on your phone and stream the media directly tv right? I think using twonky is the easiest way to do it. It's also free

viper1549

Reaction score
I just downloaded an ap called twonky and it seemed to woke fine on my samsung tv. It also worked on my ps3. You just want to be able to turn on your phone and stream the media directly tv right? I think using twonky is the easiest way to do it. It's also free

It doesn't stream video on google tv.. Just pics and music. Compatibility issues. He will have to use a pc if he doesn't hasn't a game console.

Sent from the Bolt.

Reaction score
bypass google tv.

Well it looks like you can bypass Google tv. If you can hook up an Ethernet cable to your tv that is hooked up to your router you should be ok.

It doesn't stream video on google tv.. Just pics and music. Compatibility issues. He will have to use a pc if he doesn't hasn't a game console.

Sent from the Bolt.