Use New Every Two on phone bill?

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Yea thats the gameplan. There is a few VZW stores in the are, and they are pretty helpful. I found a store where they are pretty much as big of tech geeks as I am, they were on engadget reading all the droid x rumors.

EDIT: 100th post

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably won't listen to me but you will have better luck talking to a rep on the phone then in the store. I wouldn't waste my time going to the store.

As I understand it, you want to upgrade to a Droid of some sort, correct? And you are willing to pay the 30.00 a month data charge. Isn't any reason not to give you the upgrade, you should qualify for the bogo deal.

They will be willing to assist you and if that doesn't work on the first call, try again. It took me 2 calls to get someone to do it. Insist that you are unhappy with your current phone, that is key.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
You probably won't listen to me but you will have better luck talking to a rep on the phone then in the store. I wouldn't waste my time going to the store.

As I understand it, you want to upgrade to a Droid of some sort, correct? And you are willing to pay the 30.00 a month data charge. Isn't any reason not to give you the upgrade, you should qualify for the bogo deal.

They will be willing to assist you and if that doesn't work on the first call, try again. It took me 2 calls to get someone to do it. Insist that you are unhappy with your current phone, that is key.
Thats my exact game plan, but I am going to try it instore first. Im fairly confident my chances are better on the phone, BUT i can get my phone that day instore if im successful. If they wont do it, ill just call VZW and do it

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with our local store. I like walking out with the phone knowing it is working. I also like giving my local business what ever business I can. i am sure the phone-a-rep would work as well. Good luck either way and let us know what happens.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Yea I will for sure. Big red has been fairly good to me. We have 5 lines, and we have been loyal customers for at least 7 years. I love their call service, their tech support is fairly competent, and their instore help has always been good. Their accessories are way over priced, but thats not totally their fault. Ill let you all know how it goes, maybe even directly from my new phone ;-)

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Alright, Ive decided Im just gonna try to go in tommorow and do it. I added myself to our account, verizon was pissing me off with their whole 'we need to talk to the account manager' and Im tried of calling as mystep dad. I dont even live at home, just parents still pay for the account. Ill let you guys know how everything turns out!

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Just want to tell everyone I just got back from verizon, and I'm sending this message via my new droid!

yamaha83

Reaction score
Just want to tell everyone I just got back from verizon, and I'm sending this message via my new droid!

if i where you i would have just waited for the droid X to come out... its not to far out... but hey, if the droid X comes out within 30 days you can always swap your phone out for the X saying your not happy...

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score

if i where you i would have just waited for the droid X to come out... its not to far out... but hey, if the droid X comes out within 30 days you can always swap your phone out for the X saying your not happy...
Ive made my bed, and im laying in it comfortably. Im happy with the droid, and I like that there is so much out there for it already.

Just waiting till my charge gets up on my phone so I can get froyo! Without anything (right as I got the phone), im at a quadrant score of 352. Cant wait to see how good it will get!

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Just if anyone else has this, here is what happened btw:

I went to VZW and waited (patiently, well sorta) in line. When I got up to the counter, they said there was nothing they could do, only the Customer Service (the people you call) could change anything, but they doubted they would. So I said, "Whats their phone number? Ill call them and see if theyll change it".

So I call VZW, manuever through the goofy ass automated service, and finally get on the phone with someone. I made myself an Account Manager today, cause Im sick of having them ask me to talk to my stepdad. Anyhoo, I get on the phone with someone, and I just go in full throttle. I said "I want to upgrade my phone, but Im not eligable for 17 more days, and Id like to have that moved up to today. I have been a customer for 6 years, I have 6 lines on my account, and Im going to be buying a new phone, paying $360 for internet (actually much less because I get the GM employee discount), and I am a very loyal customer." She responded saying "well its within 30 days of your upgrade eligablility, so we'll just move that up for you!" She got on with her Supervisor, got me all setup.

Went back into the store, and after jumping through some hoops (the first droid they brought out had a curropt SD card lol) I was all set!