Using an upgrade from another line

Insane_Cat

Reaction score
So, somebody else on my plan is eligible for a New Every Two discount. I want to use their discount to upgrade my line. Will I be able to get a Droid 2 at less than 200 dollars by doing this? I am nowhere near being eligible for an upgrade on my line, however. Also, what can I do with my current phone? Do I have to return it, or do I just use it as a paperweight now? How would this affect the person I'm stealing the discount from? Will they still be able to upgrade their phone, just without the New Every Two discount?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes, I did the same thing for my Incredible. I had the Droid 1 and use my dad's upgrade to get the Incredible.

The old phone you can keep as it is paid for already. It would make a great media device, if it is a smartphone, but if it's a dumbphone just keep it in case.

Hope you enjoy your Droid 2!

OP
I

Insane_Cat

Reaction score
Where does this leave the person whose upgrade you take? Does it mean that they won't be able to get an upgrade for another two years or until someone else on your plan becomes eligible for an upgrade?

Beka27

Reaction score
Where does this leave the person whose upgrade you take? Does it mean that they won't be able to get an upgrade for another two years or until someone else on your plan becomes eligible for an upgrade?

They won't be able to upgrade until another upgrade is available (the one for your current line?)

(from Beka's DX)