Anyone buy from Amazonwireless? Need advice about the instant discount policy

Revikan

Reaction score
Hello I have a Verizon family plan with 3 lines, with one of the lines eligible for upgrade. I need a new phone for the primary line, and was looking to take the upgrade for the other and buy a phone off of amazonwireless. They have a policy that states :

"
[h=1]AmazonWireless Instant Discount Policy[/h]When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.
"

Has anyone bought a phone from them and activated the phone on the line it was upgraded on, then switching it to another line? I've heard that as long as verizon doesnt report it as deactivation, amazonwireless won't know and I wont be charged the $250 extra. I'd really appreciate the feedback

OP
R

Revikan

Reaction score
I should also note, that I've already bought the phone off of amazonwireless and I'm waiting for it to arrive, and in the process I had to add a data package to the line. I selected the option, use current data package. The line only has the basic 75mb data as the original phone is just a normal flip phone

googlelover

Reaction score
I should also note, that I've already bought the phone off of amazonwireless and I'm waiting for it to arrive, and in the process I had to add a data package to the line. I selected the option, use current data package. The line only has the basic 75mb data as the original phone is just a normal flip phone
Unfortunately when you activate the smartphone it will switch you to a 30 dollar smartphone plan as you must have a smartphone data plan to have a smartphone on the line, and you can't switch the phones to a different line as it will count as a deactivation on your part.