buying the Droid from Costco?

droidreajoh

Reaction score
I have 5 lines (I am the primary line) one of my kids phones is available for upgrade 12/17. So I stop at my local Vzwireless store and ask if they can give me the instant rebate on 12/17 since I could just go to Costco wireless kiosk and get the instant rebate. He says no to the instant rebate but he can give me 10% off. So $279 with the $99 rebate in the mail... and tells me that costco has lousy customer service, etc. Now this kinda pisses me off since I have bought all my verizon wireless stuff (save 1 phone that was insurance replacement) from this guy/store and the best he does is 10%.

So, my question is, if I buy from costco is there any reason to believe that they wouldn't be able to do the droid upgrade on my kids line and then transfer that phone (droid) to my line?

PJ_ED

Reaction score
I bought my Droid from Costco for myself, using my wifes line, with no problem.

Concerning customer service at Costco? I ended up with one of the bad Droids that kept re-booting by itself. I returned/exchanged it for another new one at Costco, the next day with no problems. Costco has a 90 day return policy on electronics. I probably would have gotten a re-furb if I went to a VZ store. I did have some issues with the exchange process, but it all worked out fine in the end.

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
costco

I bought my Droid at Costco, no rebate form to fill out , they just sell the phone at $199..

In addition to that there is no activation fee and I received a free car charger and leather case....Verizon store across the street was $299 plus activation fee plus cost for charger/case...

In addition I had a problem with a phone and Costco just exchanged it for a new one, not a refurb...

PJ_ED

Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention the car charger, case and stereo wired headphones. They are all cheapo ones, but functional. Yes no rebate forms where you only get a store credit like at VZW.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention the car charger, case and stereo wired headphones. They are all cheapo ones, but functional. Yes no rebate forms where you only get a store credit like at VZW.

Store credit? The visa gift card in my hand says otherwise. That being said, the big problem will be in 6 months when you have a problem. Verizon will tell you to go to costco for warranty claims and costco will say to call vzw.

PJ_ED

Reaction score

Store credit? The visa gift card in my hand says otherwise. That being said, the big problem will be in 6 months when you have a problem. Verizon will tell you to go to costco for warranty claims and costco will say to call vzw.
I'm glad you were able to get a Visa gift card. I was basing that off of what I read somewhere else?? As for 6 months from now? I guess I'll just have to see. I have bought most of my phones from VZW and been happy with their customer service. I have also bought phones outside VZW and not had problems taking them to VZW for warranty replacement. It probably depends on the store. I guess my option to return it to Motorola is still there according to their warranty.

The Professor

Reaction score
I bought my droid from costco as well. Anyone have a problem getting that car charger to work?