USB port cover

tomthbomb

Reaction score
This flimsy cover will not last in my world. It's inconvenient too. In 18 years I've never dropped a cell phone in the toilet. Don't intend to start now.
Is there a way to remove it and then replace it? Or replace it if if gets broken off? Thought I saw a post about buying one on eBay but can't locate it.
I drive a Jeep and sometimes it rains when I have the top off. That's the only circumstance where I might need the USB cover.
Thanks!
ttb

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Yes, on ebay I ordered a few for 3 bucks each... (sorry no link.) just search "USB cover Samsung galaxy s5".
You can also remove the little screw under the battery cover (right by the USB port). Very easy to replace or just remove...

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

bigmatt503

Reaction score
abymyva7.jpg

Here's the eBay item

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

wcjeep

Reaction score
I converted to wireless charging with Samsung back. Tried the Tylt charging insert. It created a lot of heat. Now very rare I need to move the charging flap.

corcey24

Reaction score
I just ordered the tylt receiver tried a Samsung back cover but couldn't get my otter box case back on with it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just ordered the tylt receiver tried a Samsung back cover but couldn't get my otter box case back on with it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

The wireless cover is thicker than the normal back cover for the S5, so hardly any S5 cases fit with it. So far, the only case I've seen that's designed specifically for use with the wireless cover is this one from Diztronic. I've been a big fan of their cases for a couple years now, using them almost exclusively on all of my phones, so I was really excited to see them release it. But, as I'm sure you can tell, it's not an Otterbox style case, so if you're looking for that level of protection, it won't provide it. But for me, it provides all the protection I need for my phone in day-to-day life.