play in my usb port

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Earlier today I went to my local Verizon store regarding the usb port that had play. First the employee had told me that its bc of using the port often and it does wear. Not a good answer. Wrong answer! I told him that its loose and eventually it won't charge no more and its still under warranty. He spoke of this to the manager. The manager looked at my phone and said get him a replacement. Now my cover for the port will now be present which was a bummer when it first came off.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I am surprised Verizon allowed the swap. While you may feel you slide your charger on correctly, and nothing ever jars the cable/port connection, it is still physical damage. I never get a loose port, because I do not talk and with the car charger in phone, and when it's charging next to me, I don't pull or tug on the cable. I have never had a port get loose. I rarely use my charging pad, which would inherently save the port. I plug in to the bottom. With my Otterbox case. With my plastic cover still intact for almost 10 of charging. However, my teens, who are carefree and careless with their phones, get loose ports because they do pull/tug on the cable when plugged in charging. Hope Verizon does not charge you for the return phone due to physical damage.

OP
E

eeeeevo

Reaction score
I guess I got lucky bc the person at Verizon said that if the phone has anysort of water damage then I'm liable when I send my phone back. He didn't say anything else + the manager okay'd the free replacement knowing the issue was the play.

+++++ I'm gettn the LG wcp300 so my cover and port won't do a repeat!!!!!!

OP
E

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Got my replacement on Monday and today Im sending my defective back today. The replacement actually works a lot better. The frnt notification light is alot brighter when it blinks and when its charging its brighter. No more blue artifacts when I put any kind of case on.
So the play on the usb port isn't the only defective issue.

Anyways if Verizon is in question on my usb port having the play and its a damage issue rather than a defective issue then I will bark about the software issue.