Urgent: D1 Screen Issue

Hayes552

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid 1 screen not responding to my touch and the screen clicks random applications. I cant answer calls or anything. Basically the device is controlling its self. Ive triend cleaning the screen because someone has told me it was oily fingers. WRONG!.. I tried Factory reset and Cache wiping. NOTHING :(. Can someone please help me??? What do i do?:icon_evil:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Bad digitizer. If it's less than a year old, contact Verizon about a replacement. If it's over a year old, punch the IMEI/ESN into the Motorola support site and see if their warranty is still in effect.

If not, it's time for insurance. If you don't have insurance, it's time for a new phone. Replacing the screen yourself will cost something like $80, last I knew, and is no guarantee of success.

OP
H

Hayes552

Reaction score
This is my second Droid in a row. I love my droid so much i really don't want any other phone than this. Is it something wrong with the charger? I have got my second one from assurion. Do they take returns? I need this fixed soon!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
How long have you had it? Any refurb comes with a 90-day hardware/labor warranty. If it's been more than 90 days then unless you got a NEW one you'll have to pay the co-pay again. You should contact the insurance company immediately. No, the charger has nothing to do with it -- unless this is going on while it's ON the charger, in which case pull it off and see what happens. Non-stock chargers and cheap USB cables often cause issues with the screen.