uploading perfect pics of droid screens??

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the best section to ask this but here's what I'm wanting to know exactly. For example, when people are rooted or whatever I see they like to show off 'screenies' of their cool pimped out droid themes or quadrant scores and what not. I'm wondering, how exactly to you guys capture these kinda pics???? I know it might be a noob question but id like to try this if I wanted to upload a pic of my battery info or whatever I can go ahead. I know on my ipod touch I can capture internal pics of my device's screen but I'm not sure if its a similar process for the droid?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
drocap2 in the market, must be rooted

I use dropcap and the pictures don't come out nearly as nice as what I see everybody elses backgrounds and themes. I kind of wonder if there isn't something else out there.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me the program/app to use. But I'm confused on how to get it to work exactly, I wait for the countdown and then shake my phone and then what??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FrostMan

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me the program/app to use. But I'm confused on how to get it to work exactly, I wait for the countdown and then shake my phone and then what??

select countdown in the menu, then use the slider to to make it wait, say 10 seconds. Press start, then back out of the app and you have 10 seconds to go to whichever screen you want to capture. Pictures will be saved in a folder called drocap on your sd card.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Nvm think I got it. Cool app!

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
How do I get the full resolution of the whole screen perfectly?? Cuz after I shake it and look in my gallery I only see a part of the screen.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Is says something about an extra app called white environment or something?? Also there's a terminal command they recommend to enter but idk if it will make a difference?

morbidking

Reaction score
i use shootme

snap20100731_032931.png

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Generally I use ddms.bat, part of the Android SDK. Really easy to take pictures, and then upload them, since they are already saved to my computer. I do have drocap2 installed, and use it from time to time though too.

BTW non-rooted phones can use ddms.bat to take pictures if they wanted to.