Screen capture app for Razr Maxx?

WawaRulez

Reaction score
If this has been asked before, I apologize in advance, but I searched through the forums and google and havent found anything related to it. I am not looking for screen capture for pics, I am seeking screen capture for whatever displays on the screen like on a computer for videos etc.? :huh:

Maybe I didnt make it clear. I do not want screen shots. I am looking for screen capture for video that is displayed on the screen independent of a computer. Example, Directv/HBO is playing on phone and I want to capture it. Just looking for an easy way to capture instead of ripping DVD into a portable format.

skennelly

Reaction score
On ICS press and hold the power and volume down button.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Like this?

a6fa2025-06c7-1ca1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

skennelly

Reaction score
Now we're creating a wormhole.

d07bf44c-09c6-5658.jpg

Sent from my unlocked GTab 2 running CM10

OP
WawaRulez

WawaRulez

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, but perhaps if you actually READ the entire thread, instead of just the headline, the "worm hole" that you allege is being created, would NOT happen.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No need to be rude WawaRulez. People are trying to help you. If they misunderstood what you wanted then you only need to clarify. Screen shot and screen capture is essentially the same thing. It sounds like you may be looking for a video editing tool similar to what you can do on a pc. If one exists, you may be able to find it in play store or do a google search.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As Tis said, these people are trying to help you. Please keep that in mind :) Thanx.

skennelly

Reaction score
Obviously your first post was not clear. However, your edit is very clear (which I can see it is edited from the screen shots) . Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck finding what you need.

OP
WawaRulez

WawaRulez

Reaction score
No need to be rude WawaRulez. People are trying to help you. If they misunderstood what you wanted then you only need to clarify. Screen shot and screen capture is essentially the same thing. It sounds like you may be looking for a video editing tool similar to what you can do on a pc. If one exists, you may be able to find it in play store or do a google search.

I understand and agree with your statement to a point. After two people posted for the screen shot (volume rocker/power button method), I edited the post to clarify the issue. Skennelly's second post clearly shows that, but then posts, "Now we're creating a wormhole" to which I take offense. Like I am some sort of idiot and cannot comprehend what he originally posted. I have noticed some people just skim the heading and do not read the thread and it is frustrating.

@94lt1.....I appreciate anyone trying to help, I really do, but, until I am accused of creating a "worm hole" I was nothing but pleasant to both posters and apologized in advance in the OP if it was asked before. I am not here to fight with anyone, but I do expect people to read what is written and not just the headings. Maybe I am expecting too much, IDK?

skennelly

Reaction score
I apologize. I thought your problem was solved and was just trying to add a little humor. No need to be so uptight.

I keep re reading your original post and if not for this debate, I would have interpreted it the same. It doesn't seem clear to me that you are not asking for screen capture. " screen capture for whatever displays on the screen" to me is a screen shot.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Search for screenrecorder & screencast in the play store. Both require root. I think that's what you're asking.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
WawaRulez

WawaRulez

Reaction score
I apologize. I thought your problem was solved and was just trying to add a little humor. No need to be so uptight.

I keep re reading your original post and if not for this debate, I would have interpreted it the same. It doesn't seem clear to me that you are not asking for screen capture. " screen capture for whatever displays on the screen" to me is a screen shot.

Ok, whatever you say. If you say it was adding some humor, I can only assume that statement to be true. If that is the case, I apologize for being rude (for lack of a better term).
I guess that when you posted "Obviously your first post was not clear. However, your edit is very clear (which I can see it is edited from the screen shots) . Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck finding what you need." after, but now re-reading the post you dont understand again, is more humor on your part. Thanks for all of your help, and I will make sure to follow your example on how to "help" people here. (My humor).

OP
WawaRulez

WawaRulez

Reaction score
Search for screenrecorder & screencast in the play store. Both require root. I think that's what you're asking.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Thank you and I found it after posting the question but it does not record anything broadcast via HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Directv, etc. on my phone. I have even Dl'd Mobo player pursuant to the developers website and advice but no good. I was hoping there may be an alternative, but thank you just the same.

I meet all the requirements for the app. Root, etc.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope you find what you're looking for. A low tech method might be using a VCR or dvr to record through your TV, linking with a micro HDMI to HDMI from your phone...

Caesars

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I still have no idea what OP is asking for :(.