Upgrading Question

mithu

Reaction score
Currently, I have unlimited 3G data. I heard that if i upgrade to 4G it will be unlimited also, until they change it for previous customers. Is this true?

Also if I upgrade/renew my contract, is there any way to upgrade my phone w/out paying full retail?

Thanks
Mithu

(Mods, i didnt know where to post this, move it if its in wrong section)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If you have a smartphone on unlimited it will carry over to 4g as of right now. No idea if they'll stop grandfathering in new upgrades but as of today, you can upgrade and keep your unlimited.
As for your 2nd question.. if you're eligible for an upgrade you can buy at the 2year price ($300 at VZW, less at other places. YMMV). You can log into vzw.com and check your upgrade eligibility.

OP
M

mithu

Reaction score
Ok thought so. thanks

Ugh, i wish they did upgrade for renewing, i dont think i have an upgrade for a bit. Thanks again tho.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speeding Wheels nailed it, plus the fact that I wasn't grandfathered into unlimited data from Verizon (got stuck on tiered because I had a dumbphone), but after a call to Verizon, I'm on unlimited and it doesn't matter whether it's for 4G or 3G. They are both data.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
You can always try calling *611 and asking nicely for an early upgrade.
If the first rep you speak with says NO just ask for a manager and ask again.

It cant hurt and worst case scenario is you're still without an upgrade.