Verizon Upgrade Error?

SteveUD98

Reaction score
Ok, first off, thanks for all the good info on this site. This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while now. I have enjoyed my Bionic, but I have had my eye on the Siii for a month or so, but was hesitant to pay full retail as I do not want to lose my unlimited date. I decided on Tuesday to go through the Verison website and begin the upgrade process to see what they would make me do if I used my upgrade. Here is what happened:

I went through and chose the Siii and when it came to the screen where I had to decide plan info, it still gave me the choice of unlimited date for $29.99. We currently have a family share plan for 700 minutes for my wife, myself, and a cell home line. She has never had the unlimited date for her droid X2, but I have always had the unlimited data. So, back to my upgrade. I went through the whole order process and in the end, it did not make me change plans? Here is a copy of the receipt from the confirmation page:

Search/Cancel

Order Summary

Ship By:

07/19/2012

Line ***-***-****

Samsung Galaxy S III i535 4G LTE - 16GB White
$199.99 - with 2 year contract
with Sim card

Price Plan

Nationwide Account Level Talk & Text Family Share 700

Share Plan
Features

Line Access Fee for Talk and Text Share Plan

$9.99

Pay Per Message

$0.00

Decline Insurance

$0.00

Basic Voice Mail

$0.00

Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email)

$29.99

V Cast Apps

$0.00

Accessories

Not Selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share Plans Summary

Share Plans Total

$80.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Due :

$244.36

Monthly Estimate :

$119.98

Order Confirmation

Thank you for your order.

Your order confirmation number is : 934************

PLEASE NOTE: You should receive an e-mail confirmation shortly. Due to high volumes, it may take up to 2 hours for you to receive this confirmation.

So, fingers crossed that I still have unlimited data. I have the full receipt that says unlimited? Kind of a cautious giddy feeling.

THOUGHTS?

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Before you activate your S3 call and make sure you still have unlimited data. I activated mine after June 28 and was automatically switched to a 2GB plan even though I had preordered on June 6. I was able to get it back after talking to a supervisor but it wasn't easy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

SteveUD98

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am in a catch 22 of sorts. I am ok as I usually average right at 2GB a month, but it is nice to have the unlimited just in case. I was really going to just do the upgrade and swallow the loss of unlimited, but when I saw the unlimited in my checkout cart, it just made me think. If I activate the phone, and it switches me, do I have an argument to them that my cart told me I was still on the unlinited plan?

Before you activate your S3 call and make sure you still have unlimited data. I activated mine after June 28 and was automatically switched to a 2GB plan even though I had preordered on June 6. I was able to get it back after talking to a supervisor but it wasn't easy.

wseyller

Reaction score
Im in a similar situation. I have the bionic with unlimited. My sister upgrade to rarz with unlimited. My mom has a Fascinate with unlimited. My mother is the next for upgrade. I feel like i may have to buy her a another phone outright to upgrade her to keep her happy. Bunch of crap! They don't use much data but i use alot. No wifi at home. Satellite is the only option to get a broadband type connection where i live.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mike8016

Reaction score
I just checked mine and I can upgrade to a new phone and keep my unlimited data. Maybe this is a response to AT&T since there letting there customers keep there's

OP
S

SteveUD98

Reaction score
I will lay it on thick. I will just repeatedly tell each verizon rep (until I get one to agree with me) the only reason I agreed to upgrade my phone was that it showed in my cart that I could keep the unlimited. I will try to outlast them. I just got the email that it was shipped today and I will have it tomorrow by 3pm.

probably not but you can always try :)

Mike8016

Reaction score
If you lose your unlimited data I would just return the phone

OP
S

SteveUD98

Reaction score
That option is definitely on the table. I think I am going to activate it first, then see what happens? I don't want to call them and call attention to it. However, if it does switch me to 2GB, I will then call in and show them the receipt from my purchase where it states I still have unlimited data. Does playing dumb have a better chance in getting the best result in this case?

If you lose your unlimited data I would just return the phone

Mike8016

Reaction score
Just play dumb. Technically you agreed on having unlimited data when you purchased the phone. They have to honor it or they are breaking contract

OP
S

SteveUD98

Reaction score
I am good at playing dumb...

Just play dumb. Technically you agreed on having unlimited data when you purchased the phone. They have to honor it or they are breaking contract

Mike8016

Reaction score
I can do the upgrade also. They could of just changed there minds on the unlimited

OP
S

SteveUD98

Reaction score
Mike, are you saying that you attempted the upgrade and it still offerred you the unlimited as well? If so, it makes me feel a little better about keeping the unlimited plan...

I can do the upgrade also. They could of just changed there minds on the unlimited