Upgrading from OG Droid

djspy

Reaction score
hello, like the tittle says I am upgrading from the OG Droid. That is my first Smart Phone ever and originally thought about going the Galaxy Nexus route because it was Vanilla Android. I've decided to go with the RAZR because i like the phone's look much better and because i have used Motorola products for over 10yrs. Anyway, I have never used a non Vanilla Android phone and dealt with bloat ware, moto blur etc. This question is for people who have gone from the OG Droid to another Droid full of bloat water and company UIs etc, can you still manage the SD Card contents with Astro File manager for example? Will the manufacturer's UI take over the android system like the keyboard? (i love the Gingerbread keyboard and it's features). What i want to know is basically if i'm still getting gingerbread but with a different coat of paint. Hope this makes sense.

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
the new Motorola ui has impressed me a lot id say check it out in person first and don't depend on others opinion because it can be misleading at times... i know because i saw this coming from your position and purchasing the bionic

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The only time I'm aware of Blur is the Moto's widgets otherwise, meh (Really don't like their look, kinda Window 7 ish).
Seems like one of those fan boy issues that people freak out about and in reality the impact is very small.