Updating Firmware, need help please

JerryGarcia

Reaction score
OK so currently on my Motorola Devour I am running firmware 1.6, when I try to install 2.1 or 2.2 it wont let me, i keep getting an error like this
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I've tried to install the file from like 4 different sources and none will work. I used these links for reference on how to install the updates, but they won't work. Can the Devour be updated?

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid - Android Forums

rooting and... - Android Central Forums

Manual Android 2.1 Update for Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Can anyone help?

RemyL75

Reaction score
Umm, no. Because A. your Devour would need to be rooted to even try to install any of those downloads correctly. and B. there is currently no update for the Devour. The ones you are trying to use are for the Droid, not the Devour, and will not work. As far as i know, no one has made a custom ROM for the Devour. It took them over 5 months to root it, so I wouldn't expect 2.1 or 2.2 for it anytime soon.

OP
J

JerryGarcia

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Even though you sound like a smug colossal prick with the way you answered.

RemyL75

Reaction score
You sound a little pissed, but hey, who says that you can judge a person's tone from a fourm post dancedroid