I think droid is bricked!!!

norocel

Reaction score
It's my brothers phone he did tryed to put the 2.1 update on it from this guide How to root and install droid 2.1 - Android Forums and from flasing at step don't quite rememember what he did told me the phone simply got stuck.he took out the battery and rebooted but the phone would not get into the system..remains stuck at motorola sign,but it does eneter normal recovery.it does not have any nandroid recovery or such things.i did formated the sd card(don't knw if smart doing that,thought might improve something),i did tryed to use alot of update.zip including fresh rom things and so on..but get error

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-life signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
Any ideeas how to make it work?im really feeling sorry for him.and i really want to fix it's phone.if anyone could just tell me step by step cause im a noob in android even i own one myself that would be really apreciated.if contacted by email i answer very fast and also after maybe yahoo or msn to be even fater if anyone really think can help.thank you all!

SRR1138

Reaction score
Search for hard reset, or factory reset. Same error message I got but I wasn't doing anything like rooting.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Noob question but I dont know what bricked means. and any word on 2.1 update?

OP
N

norocel

Reaction score
Uhhh.....Its hard to understand you.
i know cause it's hard for me too to understand what my brother actually did!! im just telling you what he did telled me..but looks he got stuck in that tutorial in some point..and now the phone does not want to run..now the sd is completely clean..what should i do then?

Guchi

Reaction score
Sucks. Should have had sprecovery. That's. What its for. Hope he has insurance

OP
N

norocel

Reaction score
OP
N

norocel

Reaction score
Sucks. Should have had sprecovery. That's. What its for. Hope he has insurance

the thing is in norway it is not announced here so we boughted from people that did sell them from america..or i think this one is from france or so.still if gets into recovery i think there is a chance to fix it..

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is your phone and you don't really have a brother?

I suggest telling your "brother" to look here Droid Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

and use the search function here Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Forums
I own a nexus one..my brotehr must sleep cause have work so now i try to fix it..and i really don't know much about android even i had hero before but never tryed to root it or such things.

Without SPRecovery, you (or your brother) might be in some trouble.

Are you from another country? I'm curious because if you are, nobody should be giving you a hard time. If you are an American, well...

OP
N

norocel

Reaction score
It is your phone and you don't really have a brother?

I suggest telling your "brother" to look here Droid Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

and use the search function here Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Forums
I own a nexus one..my brotehr must sleep cause have work so now i try to fix it..and i really don't know much about android even i had hero before but never tryed to root it or such things.

Without SPRecovery, you (or your brother) might be in some trouble.

Are you from another country? I'm curious because if you are, nobody should be giving you a hard time. If you are an American, well...
Well we live in Norway but we are not norwegian.the thing is i do not know what he did to it or did not.what softwares on it or not...i can just asume he got stuck in step 3 to 8 from that tutorial i have dysplayed in flahsing category.That is all i know.