trying to stock my droid to load 2.1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
so remove anything root on the phone, can i get a copy of the files that would be on a phone out of the box? I have a root folder on my droid not on the card and have no rights to it. It shows empty but without root i can't tell. Should i try and re do the rsd and see if thats solves the issue? I have not gotten the OTA as far as i know but in this state i cant tell

I think it comes with the root folder. If you've flashed the sbf then what's there is what should be there. Just get rid of anything on your sdcard that may show you were rooted. If there's nothing that you need on there just format it on the phone and should be ok.

Goat

Reaction score
so remove anything root on the phone, can i get a copy of the files that would be on a phone out of the box? I have a root folder on my droid not on the card and have no rights to it. It shows empty but without root i can't tell. Should i try and re do the rsd and see if thats solves the issue? I have not gotten the OTA as far as i know but in this state i cant tell

I think it comes with the root folder. If you've flashed the sbf then what's there is what should be there. Just get rid of anything on your sdcard that may show you were rooted. If there's nothing that you need on there just format it on the phone and should be ok.

I did everythign again...reflashed the 2.0.1 sbf and immediately after reactivating my phone I get the OTA message from Verizon. I download and this is what happens:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file...
E:signature verification failed...
Installation aborted.

I tried clearing cache etc with no luck.
If I try manually intslla then it passes but my device will not boot past the Moto boot screen, after 2 hrs of waiting

Goat

Reaction score
What I think it comes down to is my phone has a certs problem. Is there a way to reinstall them?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sorry to jump in here...but I have a hair-brained idea that you might like to try to giggles. If not, it's all good...

Have you tried using something like DMUpdater to root your phone/flash recovery, then turn around and use DMUpdater to return the phone to stock? Not sure if that'd fix the problem, but it could be quicker than taking it to a store, especially given that it's the weekend...and Easter...

If you'd like to give this crazy idea a shot, you can get dmupdater here... DroidMod Updater 11 - DroidMod

If you'd rather go to Verizon (Not the worst idea by any means), that's cool too. Just thought I'd offer a different approach. I used DMUpdater to root AND unroot my phone multiple times and I got the ota without a hitch this morning around 2am...Can't promise that it'll work for you at this point though, unfortunately.

OP
M

mrhammy

Reaction score
OTA came in fine today so I didnt need to do anything

Reaction score
its funny my friends phone is rotted and he had no issues with the update yet i am rooted and it wont allow me to install the update

Goat

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in here...but I have a hair-brained idea that you might like to try to giggles. If not, it's all good...

Have you tried using something like DMUpdater to root your phone/flash recovery, then turn around and use DMUpdater to return the phone to stock? Not sure if that'd fix the problem, but it could be quicker than taking it to a store, especially given that it's the weekend...and Easter...

If you'd like to give this crazy idea a shot, you can get dmupdater here... DroidMod Updater 11 - DroidMod

If you'd rather go to Verizon (Not the worst idea by any means), that's cool too. Just thought I'd offer a different approach. I used DMUpdater to root AND unroot my phone multiple times and I got the ota without a hitch this morning around 2am...Can't promise that it'll work for you at this point though, unfortunately.

I did everythign you said. After reinstalling 2.0.1 from DMupdater I factory reset my device and after sync the 2.1 notification from Verizon came. I opted to install now and got this message in recovery mode:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

What the F! is going on? Yes, I've been lazy to bring it to verizon but I may have to at this point unless someone has another idea I can try