Updating bootloader and baseband for non-OTA?

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
Well I'll be, there is no version listed for the bootloader in RSDlite. Stupid me. I'll have to try and get the attention of the gods on rootzwiki to see if they can finally get this straight. Thanks a ton guys!

ArmyDude

Reaction score
IS RSDLite reading the Bootloader from the file.... or the phone? Possible from phone... and not able to get the correct information in order to display? Just a thought.

v4npro

Reaction score
IS RSDLite reading the Bootloader from the file.... or the phone? Possible from phone... and not able to get the correct information in order to display? Just a thought.

When I put the full sbf in rsdlite says bootloader N/A. I guess the full sbf just doesn't come with the new bootloader. So that that mean I'm screwed and can't update to gingerbread since I'm still on the 30.01?

hyperlite

Reaction score

When I put the full sbf in rsdlite says bootloader N/A. I guess the full sbf just doesn't come with the new bootloader. So that that mean I'm screwed and can't update to gingerbread since I'm still on the 30.01?

No, thats not true at all. The full SBF definitely has the bootloader...you just don't have the full SBF.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'd like to know then.... where this FULL SBF is. I downloaded the 455MB one.. which claimed to be the full SBF. This is the readout from RSDLite 4.8

Filename: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf
Creation Date: 10/14/2010 03:39:10
File size: 455565821
RAM DL Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: N / A
Platform: 4G OMAP
HAB Type: Signed Production

luv2increase

Reaction score
I'd like to know then.... where this FULL SBF is. I downloaded the 455MB one.. which claimed to be the full SBF. This is the readout from RSDLite 4.8

Filename: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf
Creation Date: 10/14/2010 03:39:10
File size: 455565821
RAM DL Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: N / A
Platform: 4G OMAP
HAB Type: Signed Production

Did you already flash the SBF? If you did, first turn off your phone and unplug it from everything (computer, wall outlet, etc..). Then, hold down the volume down button, power button and camera button at the same time. WHAT DOES THE SCREEN SAY "ON YOUR PHONE"?

ArmyDude

Reaction score
My question was more for the benefit of others. I had already received the OTA update.

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
Yup, the supposedly "full" sbf I was using does not contain the bootloader... weird, I wonder where I can get it? My recovery screen (camera + vol down) lists 30.01. Yet somehow along the way my baseband was upgraded to 7. Weird...

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Worst case scenario... SBF to 2.1.... Get OTA update.... Then you will be up to date. Just make sure never to SBF to 2.1 again. LOL

v4npro

Reaction score
Worst case scenario... SBF to 2.1.... Get OTA update.... Then you will be up to date. Just make sure never to SBF to 2.1 again. LOL

I thought I can't SBF back to 2.1 if I'm already on 2.2(with udated radio/kernel) or I can go back to 2.1 since I'm still on bootloader 30.01.

Either way, if I can't get future updates i.e. Gingerbread cause I'm on the older bootloader I could always try to SBF to 2.1. I just don't want to be bothered with it right now, until I really have to.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
My Understanding is that the bootloader is the key. But.... don't take my word for it. I know that if you updated to 2.2 with the leak... not the full SBF...then you could go back to 2.1. Ask around though. I can't be responsible for you damaging you phone... :)

chipg07

Reaction score
If you ever figure it out, please let me know as I am having the same issue.

chipg07

Reaction score
Well, I am about halfway thru with the sbf back to 2.1.... I have the same baseband version as you, so hopefully, I won't get a brick ;)

Well..... I got a brick... kinda... it got stuck on the bootloader screen with some "err:A5,70,70,00,00" error, but the sbf back to 2.2 seems to be working so far....

So, the sbf back to 2.1 didn't work, but the sbf back to 2.2 worked, and I am now back to the Welcome to DroidX screen....

Now I am done re-rooting it, and back to my SSX backup..... only took about 30 mins total... to brick it, fix it, root it, and restore it...

Last edited: