[Updated] VZW's NFL Mobile App Still Broken on G-Nexus Despite Update to Support ICS

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nfl-mobile-still-broken-on-gnex.jpg

Verizon updated their NFL mobile app to support Ice Cream Sandwich, but for some reason, the app still gives an error message when used on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and refuses to work. The latest update supposedly supports Android 4.0, yet it still doesn't work on the Galaxy Nexus. There has been no official word that they are working on a second patch, but more than likely they are, and plan to have it out before this weekend, since the NFL Playoffs begin Saturday.

If you haven't picked it up, (and just so that you can if/when they get it fixed), here is an Android Market download link to get it: Verizon NFL Mobile App on the Android Market

Updated: It looks like the app has already been updated and repaired. It now works on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. New owners of the phone who are Football fans can rejoice!

Source: DroidMatters

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Now I wish they would just increase the font size.

luv2golf

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work on custom roms. Running Axiom 2.3 and it says that it's only for Verizon customers. If someone is running a custom rom and it's working, what rom is it?

thesoldier

Reaction score
nfl-mobile-still-broken-on-gnex.jpg

Updated: It looks like the app has already been updated and repaired. It now works on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. New owners of the phone who are Football fans can rejoice!

Source: DroidMatters

This guy! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Oh this sucks. Doesn't work on Axiom 2.3 here either! Detecting root, or the build??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Works on AOKP toro 13

stead2120

Reaction score
And this is why people choose Iphone's too easy. This is a major application too, come on Android, get it together.

Snow02

Reaction score
And this is why people choose Iphone's too easy. This is a major application too, come on Android, get it together.

Huh? Works fine except on one modified rom. Even most of the 4.0.3 builds seem fine. And the people flashing those are well aware there may be incompatibilities. I fail to see the problem.

stead2120

Reaction score
Huh? Works fine except on one modified rom. Even most of the 4.0.3 builds seem fine. And the people flashing those are well aware there may be incompatibilities. I fail to see the problem.
Ahhh, I didn't know it was on a modified rom, gotcha!!!