NFL & NBC to Stream Superbowl & More Live Online and to VZW Mobile

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
indianapolis-super-bowl-logo-copy.jpg

Football fans in situations where they do not have access to a Television, will rejoice at this news. For the first time ever, NBC and the NFL will be streaming the Superbowl directly on the internet, but mobile viewers were not left out either. The stream will also be available exclusively for Verizon Wireless mobile customers as well. You will have to have one of the supported phones, plus NFL Mobile installed to get the stream. Streaming viewers will also get treated to some extra features. Rick Cordella, vice president of NBC Sports Digital Media, had this to add,

“We are especially excited to now bring our unique and innovative SNF Extra video experience to the NFL playoffs, Pro Bowl, and Super Bowl. We are especially excited to now bring our unique and innovative SNF Extra video experience to the NFL playoffs, Pro Bowl, and Super Bowl. By adding multiple camera angles, HD-quality video, DVR controls along with social interactivity, our online streaming represents a compelling, second-screen experience that nicely complements NBC's on-air presentation.”

The Super Bowl will be held in Indianapolis on Feb. 5 next year. You will also be able to stream the Pro Bowl and Wild Card Saturday on NBC's website, the NFL’s website, or Verizon’s mobile app.

Enhanced live streaming Football on mobile?!? What will they think of next... self-chilling beer? We can cross our fingers. ;)

Source: BGR

rjsurfer

Reaction score
That's just great news...especially now that the NFL network app doesn't work on my new very expensive Galaxy Nexus, the new flagship phone of the Verizon network.

Way to go Verizon:angry:

Ron W.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah I figure our attempts to get in on this will be met with a white screen and big bold letters stating, "FAIL."

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I probably won't be watching it on my phone, but I'm just glad knowing the fact that I CAN do it. :)

jdroid80

Reaction score
Sweet, now I gotta install a phone dock for my bathroom so I don't miss a second of the game. :p

And I don't think anyone's claiming the Nexus as the flagship phone for Verizon. I still haven't seen one commercial or ad for it yet.

JannaG

Reaction score
Its kinda disappointing that this is only available on Verizon phones. This is definitely a step in the right direction though! hopefully we will see more and more of this from the major networks in the future!

However, over one hundred million individuals watch the Super Bowl each year. Some of them, Verizon customers will be able to stream the game live as Verizon has struck an agreement with NBC and the NFL to stream the football game for the first time.

Check this out: Verizon to stream Super Bowl