(UPDATED) INVERTED Market v 3.0.27 - Colored Markets also

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No clue why on that. But I have a signed Apk for all 3 now... I'll post then in 20 minutes.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated with Signed apk install with instructions..

Tepes

Reaction score
Tried to install the signed apks on the D3. It was a no go. First I uninstalled updates, since I had the new market from Droid Life and tried to load the blue vending but wouldn't install. I then loaded the droid life market again and then tried both the first dar market and blue, but no dice. Guess I'll hold out for root :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated.. added 3 new colors and fixed the red notification icons in them....

EFGantry

Reaction score
By B-boy:

If you wanna just push it to system, here is the way I recreated it on my D1 and it is confirmed to work on the TB...
"For user that have had issues with the zips not working, whether it's that you have no market or whatever.. I have a fix.. this "should work".. you will need root explorer tho...
Look in data/app and see if there is a com.android.vending.apk in there.. if so, you should be able to just install one of these apks just like a normal app and it will replace it... That means you have the 3.0.27 update in data even though you're running an older version.. however, if it doesn't work, try the below method... If you flashed and have no market skip to step 2 but you should only have 1 apk in there, move it to system/app....

1. go to system/app and hard press Vending.apk and select "move". It should tell you it's r/o so set it to r/w at the top of the screen.. then back out 2 times and go to data/app and paste it.. Reboot now

2. after reboot install one of my apks and it should install successfully.. then use Root Explorer again and go to data/app and you should have 2 com.android.vending.apk's.. rename the one that is dated Aug 08 to com.android.vending.bak and hard press the other one and move it to system/app... rename it Vending.apk then hard press it and choose permissions and unselect "write" at the top and hit ok (or whatever the button says).. Reboot now

3. if you didn't reboot after step 2 your market will force close.. but if you DID reboot, you should now have a black shopping cart and a Dark Market in your app drawer that works great!!!"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

i was having problems yesterday with my mkt disappearing when i tried to install one of the zip files. so, i tried the apk route. i couldn't get it to work/install following your steps, but i did get it to work as follows:

1. remove vending.apk from system/app, move to data/app, and rename vending.bak

2. reboot

3. copy Dark Mkt.apk, go into system/app, mount r/w, and paste.

4. long press on Dark Mkt.apk, select "permissions", and change permissions in "owner" to make sure that "read, write, execute" were checked.

5. install Dark Mkt.apk, and then "mount r/o"

6. reboot and enjoy some sweet Dark Market on Steel Droid 8.0! :)

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been theming the Fascinate so there's a good chance I'll do some work on the Charge in the future.... thanks btw... ;)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

jpin321

Reaction score
Good job on this looks sweet with my stock blue SS 5.4 theme. Thanks for the instructions for getting the market back, mine vanished after the flash.