Gmail 2.3.5.2 - Inverted and Transparent (updated 10/3) COLORS ADDED!!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright cool man... not sure why an app from the market has install issues but it always has... that's why I normally have update.zips also... buy glad ya got it and it looks great!...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Tepes

Reaction score
The blue is beautiful!

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The blue is beautiful!

Thanks!... glad ya like it... :)

Tepes

Reaction score
Thanks!... glad ya like it... :)

I also just pimped you over on xda for someone wondering where I got my inverted market and gmail. Keep up the great work :)

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Beautiful.. I try to stay on top of the updates as quickly as I can.. I also have G+, Facebook, Dropbox, GoogleVoice and GoogleSearch inverted and transparent.. My fav is G+ transparent but I hate that app so I don't really use it... lol.. Thanks again.. ;)

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Beautiful.. I try to stay on top of the updates as quickly as I can.. I also have G+, Facebook, Dropbox, GoogleVoice and GoogleSearch inverted and transparent.. My fav is G+ transparent but I hate that app so I don't really use it... lol.. Thanks again.. ;)

I don't know what the heck is going on, but I can't get this installed on my phone. I'm running MIUI. I followed the instructions on the OP and that didn't work, so I used rootexplorer to remove the original apk from data/app. I then rebooted and tried to install the transparent apk with no luck. I then copied the transparent apk using rootexplorer to data/app and set permissions, rebooted and then installed the apk from the data/app folder. It keeps saying application not installed. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was just on MIUI on the droid1 and it worked fine.... but miui is a translated port so sometimes things don't cooperate like they would on aosp.... the error that it wont install is usually from some remnants of the apk still being in system. Try this, make sure you have no Gmail on your phone and then try to install it from the market. If it installs, then uninstall it and try mine.... also, when I uninstall a system app I use titanium backup. Root explorer works but I've had similar issues in the past height RE and TiBu fixed it..... keep me postedposted

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I was just on MIUI on the droid1 and it worked fine.... but miui is a translated port so sometimes things don't cooperate like they would on aosp.... the error that it wont install is usually from some remnants of the apk still being in system. Try this, make sure you have no Gmail on your phone and then try to install it from the market. If it installs, then uninstall it and try mine.... also, when I uninstall a system app I use titanium backup. Root explorer works but I've had similar issues in the past height RE and TiBu fixed it..... keep me postedposted

Okay, got it figured out. For some reason, I had a gmail.apk in the data/app folder and system/app folder. I finally deleted them both, rebooted, moved the transparent.gmail.apk to system/app, set permissions, and then rebooted. Bingo, everything fine.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Excellent .... glad ya got it figured out..:)