[Updated] Droid Bionic Shows Up On Verizon Front Page for $299 Subsidized Price

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
binoic_coming_soon.png

This new ad just showed up on Verizon's website stating that the Droid Bionic is almost here and will "rule all machines." Whether that is true will be determined once we get it in our hands, but it definitely will "rule our pocketbook." The pricing on the phone is an "ouch" inducing $299.99 subsidized, and $589.99 unsubsidized. There is no release date with the ad, but, from the timing of this, most industry folks are speculating that the rumored September 8th release date is probably pretty accurate, and we may be able to start pre-orders on September 1st. We should know for sure sometime very soon.

[Update:] I watched Verizon's website for several minutes and never saw the above teaser show up. Perhaps VZW took it down shortly after the "teasing." At any rate, at least we got a good screenshot of it before it shows up again.

[Update 2:] A Verizon roadmap was leaked that seems to confirm the September 8th launch date. Here it is below:

droid-bionic-map1.jpg

Source: DroidMatters and VZW and Droid-Life

Last edited:

Renae

Reaction score
I saw the tab but the content was down, now I see the cool pretty tab is gone too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

camaro1173

Reaction score
I saw the link as well on the main page then it just up and vanished but still a good singe.
Hope to see it soon.

HavoC

Reaction score
I really wish it was $200 or under, I know most of the 4G phones have debuted for $300 (on contract) but still, that's a lot of money to spend knowing I can't upgrade for another two years

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The $299 is a bit steep but it's the going rate. The nice thing is deals on the new phones come really quick. If people can wait, the BOGO or some $169 special will be offered in no time.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $299 is a bit steep but it's the going rate. The nice thing is deals on the new phones come really quick. If people can wait, the BOGO or some $169 special will be offered in no time.

For 4G phones? Eh, I think it will be at least next year before they start offering BOGO for 4G phones.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. But I don't think BOGO for 4G phones is coming soon. Maybe the holiday season at the earliest but not right now...not anytime soon.

apl3

Reaction score
Anyone know why the Charge and Bionic are the same price? Are they that comparable?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone know why the Charge and Bionic are the same price? Are they that comparable?

It has been said SO MANY TIMES. 4gLTE devices have been going for $299 upon release. I even talked to a Verizon BIG DOG and said the same thing. If you want the best, you have to pay a good amount.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Disappointing but expected, it was nothing more than a pipe dream to hope for anything else.

My Droid is showing signs of its age, and I'm pretty sold on making the Bionic my next phone, but I'm not totally sure I'll be pre-ordering or buying day one (though if it does release on September 8th it would make a nice birthday present to myself). I may hold out and see if I can't find a better deal through Amazon.

apl3

Reaction score
It has been said SO MANY TIMES. 4gLTE devices have been going for $299 upon release. I even talked to a Verizon BIG DOG and said the same thing. If you want the best, you have to pay a good amount.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
I was under the assumption that the Thunderbolts price has come down since its release. Also the droid charge is is not a new release.