Motorola Rep shows Off The Bionic at A Verizon Store!!! Pictures Taken!

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
Yeah the Bionic is going to be a faster phone than my TB. But I honestly don't understand why anyone would by the Bionic now with the HTC Vigor and several other phones getting ready to release within 2 months that will blow it out of the water. At this point I think only Moto fanboys will stick with getting the Bionic

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

That's what I'm thinking.. Isn't the Bionic just a 7 month old Atrix.. with 512mb less memory? (for webtop, I know)

COSam

Reaction score
Yeah the Bionic is going to be a faster phone than my TB. But I honestly don't understand why anyone would by the Bionic now with the HTC Vigor and several other phones getting ready to release within 2 months that will blow it out of the water. At this point I think only Moto fanboys will stick with getting the Bionic

I'm just not bying this argument. What do you mean buy Moto fanboys? I did by a release OG, but I don't consider myself a Moto fanboy. With all these new phones releasing, I am going to by the one I like best, regardless of manufacturer. Even buy the time the Bionic comes out, it will probably be the best phone out. After HTC's problems with the TB you decided to by, I would be hesitant to by another HTC phone.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm just not bying this argument. What do you mean buy Moto fanboys? I did by a release OG, but I don't consider myself a Moto fanboy. With all these new phones releasing, I am going to by the one I like best, regardless of manufacturer. Even buy the time the Bionic comes out, it will probably be the best phone out. After HTC's problems with the TB you decided to by, I would be hesitant to by another HTC phone.

**CRINGE*TWITCH**

At least you are consistent...

BlueSami

Reaction score

Or maybe people who still have the OG Droid, and really need a new phone!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Yes buy an HTC phone with the same battery issues!!!! HTC is the last phone you would want to buy with the battery issues. I will stick with Motorola or Samsung...

Reaction score
I think any/every 4g phone is going to have battery issues. The technology for 4g is simply too power demanding at this point. (Don't expect that to change unless there is some miracle break through in battery tech or some new ultra low power radio chips put out.)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score

Yes buy an HTC phone with the same battery issues!!!! HTC is the last phone you would want to buy with the battery issues. I will stick with Motorola or Samsung...
The Thunderbolt is the only HTC phone with battery issues. That's only because they didn't include a way to disable 4G. Once you run a custom rom on it, you have no issues. People have been able to get 10+ hours with regular use on 4G.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

The Thunderbolt is the only HTC phone with battery issues. That's only because they didn't include a way to disable 4G. Once you run a custom rom on it, you have no issues. People have been able to get 10+ hours with regular use on 4G.

Evo3g, Evo shift Evo3D all have battery issues also... A friend of mine had the Evo3G had battery problems came to Verizon for the TB gave it back because of the Battery issues went back to Sprint for the EVO 3D. He say's that it is better but still did not last as long as the DX battery. Now he wants the GS2.

Last edited:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score

Evo3g, Evo shift Evo3D all have battery issues also... A friend of mine had the Evo3G had battery problems came to Verizon for the TB gave it back because of the Battery issues went back to Sprint for the EVO 3D. He say's that it is better but still did not last as long as the DX battery. Now he wants the GS2.
My aunt has the Evo 3g and never complains about battery life. My coach has it too, and complains thought. The Shift and 3D I have no idea about, because I don't like those phones and I'm not on Sprint, so I don't really look at them anyways. (Don't think HTC included on/off for 4G on these either.)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
If you think you will see the Vigor this year, good luck. Also it's a tablet.
Proof of this? HTC is pretty reliable when it comes to release dates.

HTC Vigor is a phone not a tablet. It will be replacing the TB, but you will not see it until late 4thQ the earliest. Has there been mentioned a EOL for the Thunderbolt yet? When you hear that then the HTC will be soon to follow.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If you think you will see the Vigor this year, good luck. Also it's a tablet.
Proof of this? HTC is pretty reliable when it comes to release dates.

HTC Vigor is a phone not a tablet. It will be replacing the TB, but you will not see it until late 4thQ the earliest. Has there been mentioned a EOL for the Thunderbolt yet? When you hear that then the HTC will be soon to follow.
This I know. I'm just hoping they stick to their October release. Will it happen, probably not. I'm just sick of people saying it will be a tablet because it's supposed to have a 4.5" screen and they think that's too big for a phone.. That's not big.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've noticed HTC products to have noticeably worse battery life than Motorola devices. Anyone arguing the contrary is simply misinformed.