Motorola rep shows up, Verizon Store Pictures Taken!

droidrenegade

Reaction score
I do hope it is 4.5, I don't think peps should get excited about i,t cause everything is point to a 4.3 screen but it don't hurt to hope:happy::happy:

Markster1

Reaction score
From what i've read, Lapdock requires webtop to run it and I don't see that in the droid 3 specs.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I went and played with the X2 and D3 for an hour today and also to ask if any Reps had been in to show the staff the Bionic(they hadn't and all the employees still thought the Bionic wasn't being released....sigh). I must have seen a bad X2 screen prior to today, as this X2's screen looked fairly good. The colors were nice and the pixelation was only visible when I got very close, noticed it the most with text. I actually felt when I had them side by side that the X2's screen was better than the D3's, which goes against what most people have stated. The Samsung's in store did look more vibrant and much clearer/brighter, but as many have mentioned, the devices themselves felt very cheaply made. I don't understand why we can't get build quality of a Motorola device, with an incredible Samsung screen, seems like it would make a damn fine phone. Overall, if the Bionic does in fact have the X2's pentile screen, I think we'll all be completely fine with it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I went and played with the X2 and D3 for an hour today and also to ask if any Reps had been in to show the staff the Bionic(they hadn't and all the employees still thought the Bionic wasn't being released....sigh). I must have seen a bad X2 screen prior to today, as this X2's screen looked fairly good. The colors were nice and the pixelation was only visible when I got very close, noticed it the most with text. I actually felt when I had them side by side that the X2's screen was better than the D3's, which goes against what most people have stated. The Samsung's in store did look more vibrant and much clearer/brighter, but as many have mentioned, the devices themselves felt very cheaply made. I don't understand why we can't get build quality of a Motorola device, with an incredible Samsung screen, seems like it would make a damn fine phone. Overall, if the Bionic does in fact have the X2's pentile screen, I think we'll all be completely fine with it.

Never thought I would see Liderc say this! :eek: But yeah I'm with you. The first X2 I saw didn't have that great of a screen but then when I went to check out an X2 and D3, the screens were pretty good.

And wow this sounds just like Liderc's story but my story is the same.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I simply aim to speak the truth Ark=P I honestly think the first X2 screen I saw was faulty, as the one I played with today was much nicer.

faganm24

Reaction score
Never thought I would see Liderc say this! :eek: But yeah I'm with you. The first X2 I saw didn't have that great of a screen but then when I went to check out an X2 and D3, the screens were pretty good.

And wow this sounds just like Liderc's story but my story is the same.

One thing I have noticed, which hasn't been mentioned as far as I've seen is that Gingerbread Don't Call it Blur has a much better battery icon than Froyo. What I mean by this is that it doesn't show off the pixelization near as much. To me that was the most glaring item on the screen when I was reviewing the Pentile screen. It doesn't bother me, but that is what I noticed. As far as the actual colors, I'm not sure if software updates could fix that but maybe it did.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could have been. The first one I saw was a lot grainier than the one's I've seen recently. I guess what really matters is how the pentile works for the Bionic.

Covington

Reaction score

Woah, are you me? I just went in my local VZW store today and did the EXACT same things you did.
I'm with you on the X2 screen. Most people have made it out to be absolutely terrible, but I had no problem with it at all. I only noticed the jagged edges around the battery notification when I got extremely ​close.

Calla969

Reaction score
My wife has an x2 and I feel that it depends on what you're looking at. I've noticed that the white space in the Market app looks absolutely terrible, but white space in a photo looks fine. The battery icon and some text looks bad, while other text looks fine. Videos and pictures look great, but the pixels are noticeable in the ui and some apps. Color and text size seem don't seem to be the primary variables. For the most part, the screen looks great for most of the things that really matter. When my wife got the phone, she chose it over the D3 because she liked the screen better. She is an editor and graphic designer, so she tends to be a little critical about color and display, but she has no issues with the screen. I didn't have her look at the Samsung phones because I don't like the cheap feel of them (personal opinion). She also considered the Incredible, but didn't like it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Woah, are you me? I just went in my local VZW store today and did the EXACT same things you did.
I'm with you on the X2 screen. Most people have made it out to be absolutely terrible, but I had no problem with it at all. I only noticed the jagged edges around the battery notification when I got extremely ​close.

I have actually learned a lot from this blog PenTile Blog At points it seems like a all out defense of pentiles downsides vs RBG stripe tech, but reading some of the content on here made me feel exceptionally better about pentile tech.

Markster1

Reaction score
Ok, so I actually figured out why the pentile display turns me off. Pentile uses 1/3 less pixels than a standard rgb pixel layout so the pixels are in turn 1/3 larger and therefore easier to see. Also in an rgbw pentile screen, you have a white pixel that shines thru which takes some getting used to.

On the flip side, i've read that this technology reduces battery usage by close to half which is a very good thing. You also have very bright screens because of the white pixel in every subpixel which is nice also.

Maybe they can continue to improve upon this technology. It's just not there for me yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab