Motorola Rep shows Off The Bionic at A Verizon Store!!! Pictures Taken!

imp3r10

Reaction score
Any ideas how to upgrade to this from a droids x that I just renewed context for in january?

Have to buy straight up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Or a Motorola with an encrypted bootloader and a camera that takes awful pictures.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

First it is a phone!!! My old DX took great pictures compare with any of my friends HTC phones. I do not root sot the lock boot loader does not matter to me. But didn't they unlock the DX. So what is your argument? I would rather have great battery life a phone that takes ok pictures, and a lock boot loader that will eventually get unlocked from Motorola or Samsung over HTC bad battery life any day.

Oh Yeah Check This Out!! I am guessing the Bionic will not be far behind!!!

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/1...ed-hoping-this-means-the-bionic-has-a-chance/

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had a dx and it took grainy shots. It wasn't good. The dx was just a good phone because of the battery which was huge, and it served its purpose as a phone great. Internet was choppy on it and I only noticed it when switching to the thunderbolt. Applications like camera took five seconds to open. My thunderbolt even stock was blazing fast. When it comes to performance htc is the best hands down. Battery motorola is the best and that's cause they put huge batteries in their phones

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a dx and it took grainy shots. It wasn't good. The dx was just a good phone because of the battery which was huge, and it served its purpose as a phone great. Internet was choppy on it and I only noticed it when switching to the thunderbolt. Applications like camera took five seconds to open. My thunderbolt even stock was blazing fast. When it comes to performance htc is the best hands down. Battery motorola is the best and that's cause they put huge batteries in their phones

No about the battery sizes and Motorola phones. Droid 2 has a 1400 mAh battery, Droid 3, Droid X1 and 2 has a 1500 Mah battery. Thats not huge. Thats average with the 1400 leaning towards smaller. Only Motorola phone that has a huge battery is the Atrix at 1900 mAh with the Photon next at 1700 mAh. HTC just uses some skimpy batteries most of the times and really...battery life just isnt one of HTC's strong points. Anandtech battery life tests:

AnandTech - Motorola Droid 3 Review - Third Time's a Charm

Its not just the battery...Motorola does something to their phones that give them good battery life.

And Droid X1 pics:

Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X - Android Forums

Motorola Droid X VS HTC Droid Incredible: Camera Test - Android Forums

Droid X vs. Droid Incredible 8MP Camera Showdown - Android Forums

Even tho some pics are removed....just check the comments. The X has a decent camera. Might not be the best, but it isnt as bad as some ppl make it out to be. Unless you are a camera buff. Then...I dont know what to tell you...lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of the HTC Android phones on that Andndtech battery life test I posted has 1400 and 1500 mAh batteries...

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had the d1 it had horrible battery life. Even though it had a small screen and just 3g.

I had the dx too the camera was horrible in comparison to the thunderbolt

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many of those who signed the will not buy bionic list,will change there mind now and buy 1?But it is a nice lookin phone,and i just may buy 1------DARN U MOTO!!!!!!!!! :cool:

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Darn thing looks like a mini-tablet, not a phone! I do like it, though. It looks purty. Too my my upgrade isn't until April! :icon_eek: I would love to have one now!

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Well my kids each had an incredible. We had to go to a playoff football game last year. They had their phones turned OFF all day so they could use them on the 2 hour bus trip there and back. The phones were DEAD before we ever got there. Serioulsy, they did not even last the first 2 hour ride up there. They were really upset. Yet my D1, that I had on all day using, still had 3/4 battery life after the 2 hour trip and ready for the return trip. The whole time they had them they complained about the battery, they'd come home from school and have to charge them because they were dead. So we returned them for a D2 and 2 DX, never heard a complaint again about battery life.

I don't even look at HTC phones anymore. I'm not going through that headache again. My touchscreen on my D1 decided to die yesterday, I really hope the Bionic comes out on the 8th cause I gotta have a new phone.

drobz2006

Reaction score
Darn thing looks like a mini-tablet, not a phone! I do like it, though. It looks purty. Too my my upgrade isn't until April! :icon_eek: I would love to have one now!

this. what are the options if you are not in an upgrade reach yet? my gf wants one of these and she isn't ready for an upgrade yet. pay full price only option?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
this. what are the options if you are not in an upgrade reach yet? my gf wants one of these and she isn't ready for an upgrade yet. pay full price only option?

GF will need to pay full price for the phone. VZW got rid of the NE2, unless she has a upgrade left. You may want to check her account either online or at the store. The VZW people are very helpful.

Good luck!