Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm hopeful as well... I just don't know if I want this anymore. It's going to be a great phone, but would it be worth the wait for the Droid/Nexus Prime? I almost hope it's not until the 8th, so that we can get a week more of leaks on the Prime

Yes thats exactly what I am thinking.. a nice side to side comparison..

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we know what time the big Samsung Galaxy announcement is today?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Do we know what time the big Samsung Galaxy announcement is today?

A lil off topic but this is what they tweeted:

samsungmobile-logo_normal.jpg

SamsungMobileUS Samsung Mobile US

Today's the day. ;) For those of you who can't be there, follow us on here. We'll be live tweeting! #GalaxySII #spreadtheword

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lil off topic but this is what they tweeted:

samsungmobile-logo_normal.jpg

SamsungMobileUS Samsung Mobile US

Today's the day. ;) For those of you who can't be there, follow us on here. We'll be live tweeting! #GalaxySII #spreadtheword

Ah-ha, that'll do it. To stick with my usual theme (of hoping, but not expecting) I'm going to watch to see if they drop in a teaser about what VZW will be getting.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Oh man, lapdock. My next phone will have one of those. Must wait til March for upgrade though. The phone is looking mighty good though.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I know the bionic and the atrix are not the same phone.... one might ventrue to guess that the lapdock they use will be very similar. If that is the case, you might be able to get a good estimate looking here.

Looks like you can get it for as cheap as $200 and as much as $500.

So as I just learned over in a different thread, the price should be way down from the SRP of $500 due to the failure of the Atrix dock and the lessons learned (hopfully) from that endeavor.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want a tablet dock... let me connect my phone into a tablet shell, not a laptop.

Essentially you are headed to here is a tablet with a removable phone "device". This could be done with a blue tooth earpiece or an ultra sleek handset that slides out with simply an earpiece and microphone for phone calls while everything is controlled from the tablet display.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Except you would lose the portability of carrying a phone around in your pocket... never mind.

vinnie80

Reaction score
Except you would lose the portability of carrying a phone around in your pocket... never mind.

Exactly... get rid of webtop, and once everything goes ICS, we won't need to worry about anything because it will all be the same. Give me the Padphone, but from Moto. They royally f'd up the Bionic launch, but I still love their hardware

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any price info yet, but this is a total guess, not cheap. I will make some calls after some meetings thismorning see if I can get a price, unless someone else finds out first. Shouldn't be to hard if its in some stores already. Then again, VZW reps always seem reluctant to provide any info until the phone itself is released.

Looks like we have a firm price point now.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...8384-bionic-lapdock-299-97-a.html#post1710450

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8

WOW, you can buy a real laptop (Just bought a a sony vaio for only $40 more) for that price or even a netbook for even cheaper.

This will be an accessory that I will pass on until it goes on a fire sale.

Once again WOW just for a shell, the guts are in the phone even the phones ram is used. What the hell are they charging so much for?:icon_evil: