- Oct 6, 2011
- Reaction score
If you are a modder and love roms then you know when it comes to accepting updates "The Struggle Is Real". To accept a proper OTA update from Verizon you have to basically return your phone to stock ridding your device of custom recovery and restoring any bloatware that you had removed from your device. This can be a real pain in the neck! There is an easier way. Developers always make things easier! The developers behind the "Jasmine" rom have put together a fully stock prerooted and "bumped" build of Android 5.0 for the LG G3. This will update your device to the latest OTA from Verizon and will allow you to keep your custom recovery and will also allow you to keep root! Grab this rom from the link below.
The following installation instructions are given from the developer:
- BACKUP your apps via TitaniumBackup
- REBOOT to TWRP recovery (the latest TWRP v220.127.116.11 can be found here)
- WIPE everything (system/data/cache/dalvic)
- FLASH JasmineROM_v7.0.zip - BE PATIENT !
- FLASH SuperSU for ROOT access
- RESET factory from within ROM (in Settings) is required.
- If you run into WiFi/Sync issues, flash CRONTAB_DisableIPv6.zip