Update The LG G3 To Android 5.0 And Keep Root!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are a modder and love roms then you know when it comes to accepting updates "The Struggle Is Real". To accept a proper OTA update from Verizon you have to basically return your phone to stock ridding your device of custom recovery and restoring any bloatware that you had removed from your device. This can be a real pain in the neck! There is an easier way. Developers always make things easier! The developers behind the "Jasmine" rom have put together a fully stock prerooted and "bumped" build of Android 5.0 for the LG G3. This will update your device to the latest OTA from Verizon and will allow you to keep your custom recovery and will also allow you to keep root! Grab this rom from the link below.

The following installation instructions are given from the developer:

• BACKUP your apps via TitaniumBackup
  • REBOOT to TWRP recovery (the latest TWRP v2.8.6.0 can be found here)
  • WIPE everything (system/data/cache/dalvic)
  • FLASH JasmineROM_v7.0.zip - BE PATIENT !
  • FLASH SuperSU for ROOT access
  • RESET factory from within ROM (in Settings) is required.
  • If you run into WiFi/Sync issues, flash CRONTAB_DisableIPv6.zip

via XDA

Been running the last few versions of Jasmine since the dev updated the ROM to Lollipop - very solid ROM!

~sent while mobile~

Does the bootloader have to be unlocked for this?

Welp, I followed the directions to the letter and it flashed fine. But I'm not wild about some of the Lollipop "features," so I tried to restore my nandroid. No go; TWRP doesn't even recognize it. So then I figured I'd live with it and install Xposed; again, TWRP doesn't even see the files.

Any idea what may have happened, or how to fix it?

Edited: I got Xposed installed and working. But TWRP still doesn't recognize my nandroid file. Weird.

Last edited:
Back