Easiest Way To Bootloader Unlock and Install Recovery On Any LG G3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With the release of full unlock and recovery for the LG G3 you are probably wondering, "What is the easiest way to install this?". It is always best to do things manually. When you do things the manual way you actually learn what processes are taking place on your device rather than one clicking and letting something else do all the work. However If you are new to this or just don't have enough time to devote to modding there is always an easier way. The manual install method requires that you have adb set up on your device, that you download the recovery, and that you run a few commands.

To install Bump Recovery the easy way simply download the recovery.img to your sdcard, head to the play store and install flashify. Then install the recovery.img with flashify. Then enjoy your recovery. So far we have no roms, but you can go ahead and do a full nandroid backup. It should also be noted that you must first be rooted. To root just use the Stump method. Ill link to all things needed below.

Stump Root
Bump Recovery IMG
Flashify

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I've done it all and can confirm it works. But make sure you follow directions exactly. There are more than one option and you could possibly pick the wrong one. Aside from that, happy modding!

Tonik

Reaction score
I disagree with using stump to root. It has a bug where usb debugging won't stay checked on reboot. Dunno why but it its very common. Lots of threads on it.

Valvoline

Reaction score
SOLVED>

>>I had to factory reset after an app malfuctioned after i rooted. now i cant reroot with stump unless i flash to stock first.
is there going to be an update to bypass this? is there another way to root the g3?>>

IOROOT for root.

follow instructions as listed. working!

Last edited: