LG G3 Will Get Official Android 5.0 Lollipop this Week (in Poland)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G3-Android-5-Lollipop.jpg

It looks like Android 5.0 Lollipop is off to a fantastic start as far as showing up on devices is concerned. In fact, it could easily end up being the fastest and most prolific Android rollout ever. The newest OS from Google has already started showing up in "unofficial" versions across multiple devices thanks to third party development on the released AOSP.

The LG G3 is one of the devices which already has an unofficial version of Android 5.0, but what's even more exciting (especially for LG G3 owners) is that the "Official" version will reportedly be getting pushed out OTA to the device this week, starting in Poland. Here's the comment directly from LG,

“LG is absolutely committed to giving our customers the best mobile experiences available and bringing Android Lollipop to G3 owners as soon as possible is a top priority,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The new features and improvements in Android 5.0 will bring a whole new user experience to the G3 and make it even better than it already is.”

No word has been given as to when Android 5.0 will push out anywhere else in the world, but if it's finished, then there is no reason to think it couldn't start rolling out very soon.

Tonik

Reaction score
Plenty of reason to think it will be a long time before it hits the the US. We are already three our four updates behind. VZ jus got 11C.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Plenty of reason to think it will be a long time before it hits the the US. We are already three our four updates behind. VZ jus got 11C.

I don't think it'll be that long. My guess is end of November. That is what I'd like. Realistically it'll be by the end of 2014. Still though, its pretty fast compared to years past. I feel like Google is making it easier for OEMs to update their software.

Tonik

Reaction score
I don't think it'll be that long. My guess is end of November. That is what I'd like. Realistically it'll be by the end of 2014. Still though, its pretty fast compared to years past. I feel like Google is making it easier for OEMs to update their software.
I hope I am wrong, and yes overall it is certainly getting better.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's a video of a 5.0 build on a G3: