Update install keeps failing after unrooting?

ace8707

Reaction score
I had my phone rooted with the z4 app mainly to use titanium back up and ad block and when the gingerbread update went live today I unrooted with the z4 app to I could update. After I unrooted and rebooted my phone I got the update. I was able to download it just fine but 3 times tried to install it and every time the install failed. Any idea why? I never flashed anything on the phone and z4 say that it isn't rooted. Any help would be much appreciated.

rigacci

Reaction score
I am also a little confused on the proper method. Mine is also Rooted and has Titanium Backup.

I saw the original post of how to unroot and upgrade but I have other questions, being that the posting was on the release date.

If I could see a recap, it would be great.

I have a rooted (Z4Root) and also have Bootstrapper and Titanium Backup. As I understand it, you need to first unroot and then "Unfreeze" any apps that were frozen by Titanium Backup. Then you should be able to do the OTA update and once finished, Root it again?

Or must you do the downloaded upgrade (2 files downloaded), unrooting and then Bootstrap backup, wipe clean and then upgrade.

In either case, what happens to your Titanium Backup? Must it be installed again?

I am starting a separate topic to see if I can get answers to those questions.

DR

Nasa

Reaction score
Have to unfreeze apps then unroot

Worked for me.

Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.

silver6054

Reaction score
Have to unfreeze apps then unroot

Worked for me.

Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.

Well, I think the real criterion is "return to stock state", so if all you did with root was to freeze apps, then unfreezing and unrooting should be enough. If you did other things, such as install bootstrap recovery, then the update might well fail. If you cannot undo what was done, the only solution is to SBF back to stock. If updates keep failing, I would do this anyway, because some app you ran with root permissions might have done stuff you don't know about anyway!

danielitoleito

Reaction score
my friends. Please I need your help.
My Droid 2 am trying to restore global settings made ​​using RSD lite

The problem is that any way I want my computer to recognize the phone.

I istalado drivers, so I entered boot in many ways. not that way that my cell phone to be recognized by the computer and make flash rsd lite.

I formatted my sd card. I think that should not have done ....

Please help.

I just want to help me for my phone is recognized by the computer.

the problem originated because I still root for everything there wipe the screen only turns on and stays on m

biknut1

Reaction score
my friends. Please I need your help.
My Droid 2 am trying to restore global settings made ​​using RSD lite

The problem is that any way I want my computer to recognize the phone.

I istalado drivers, so I entered boot in many ways. not that way that my cell phone to be recognized by the computer and make flash rsd lite.

I formatted my sd card. I think that should not have done ....

Please help.

I just want to help me for my phone is recognized by the computer.

the problem originated because I still root for everything there wipe the screen only turns on and stays on m

You must put the SBF file in a folder somewhere on your computer and unzip it (or however it opens, I have forgotten.) Then you must take the file that says .sbf in it and place it on the root of your C:/ drive. Then you tell RSD where you have put it, on the C:/ drive. Then you will see a lot of written stuff in the upper right window of RSD, telling you info about sbf. Put your phone into bootloader first, then connect to your computer. You should see something written on line #1. When you click on that line, you should get some more info in the upper left window about your phone. When you get all of this, you are ready to hit the START button! (I think I remember this correctly) when the phone gets to the M you unplug it and do a battery pull. Reinstall the battery, reboot the phone, and it should be stock.

Saosinx

Reaction score
Then after battery pull, wipe data/clear cache. Causes bootloops if you don't.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

danielitoleito

Reaction score
help me please

You must put the SBF file in a folder somewhere on your computer and unzip it (or however it opens, I have forgotten.) Then you must take the file that says .sbf in it and place it on the root of your C:/ drive. Then you tell RSD where you have put it, on the C:/ drive. Then you will see a lot of written stuff in the upper right window of RSD, telling you info about sbf. Put your phone into bootloader first, then connect to your computer. You should see something written on line #1. When you click on that line, you should get some more info in the upper left window about your phone. When you get all of this, you are ready to hit the START button! (I think I remember this correctly) when the phone gets to the M you unplug it and do a battery pull. Reinstall the battery, reboot the phone, and it should be stock.

I have done that right, the problem is that when you put it to boot and connect the computer does not recognize me on the phone sends for the driver says it's just a usb unknown.

do not know if I deleted some internal driver that makes the phone visible when connected via USB and I've tried on 2 computers and both say unknown usb, if recognized and the driver asked me would be easier.

do not know how to connect the phone to the computer that will recognize me or ask me to install driver.

Please help me

surrealcast

Reaction score
Ditto

I'm having this exact same problem.
Oy.
I'm starting to think that the available .sbf files available for download are broken. :blink:

silver6054

Reaction score
I'm having this exact same problem.
Oy.
I'm starting to think that the available .sbf files available for download are broken. :blink:

Well, if the problem is that RSDLite isn't detecting the phone, it's nothing to do with the SBF file as it hasn't been used!

Check that you have the right version of RSDLite, up to date Moto drivers for the correct architecture (32 vs 64) and that your phone's USB Connection mode is correct

surrealcast

Reaction score
Unrooted Froyo/Koush

I was starting from rooted Froyo on the Droid 2 and used Koush's bootstrap to update to Gingerbread way back when.

I used RSDLite to try to sbf the back to stock, but no luck. I keep getting "Critical Error FEBE 0047" on the phone, and RSDLite says there was an error with the JUMP command. I have no idea what this means.
Read somewhere that it helps to put the .sbf elsewhere on drive such as C: root and My Documents, just not Desktop.

Even though I thought I had unrooted; it k
eeps opening in ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.3 when I try to apply the update from sdcard.

Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.build.fingerprint") =="verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2/droid2:2.2/VZW/23.20:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys" II
file_getprop("/system/build.prop" . "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2:2.3.3/4.5.1_57_DR2-31/110719:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update,zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

When I try OTA Update continues to fail - numerous times.
RSDLite 4.8, updated Moto Drivers for Windows x64, Factory reset, wiped cashes, no Superuser etc etc.

Um...helps me plz.
:frown:

silver6054

Reaction score
I was starting from rooted Froyo on the Droid 2 and used Koush's bootstrap to update to Gingerbread way back when.

I used RSDLite to try to sbf the back to stock, but no luck. I keep getting "Critical Error FEBE 0047" on the phone, and RSDLite says there was an error with the JUMP command. I have no idea what this means.
Read somewhere that it helps to put the .sbf elsewhere on drive such as C: root and My Documents, just not Desktop.

Even though I thought I had unrooted; it k
eeps opening in ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.3 when I try to apply the update from sdcard.

Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.build.fingerprint") =="verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2/droid2:2.2/VZW/23.20:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys" II
file_getprop("/system/build.prop" . "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2:2.3.3/4.5.1_57_DR2-31/110719:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update,zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

When I try OTA Update continues to fail - numerous times.
RSDLite 4.8, updated Moto Drivers for Windows x64, Factory reset, wiped cashes, no Superuser etc etc.

Um...helps me plz.
:frown:

Do you have the correct SBF file? People were getting that error flashing a D2G SBF on a D2. Is this the other way around?

surrealcast

Reaction score
Do you have the correct SBF file? People were getting that error flashing a D2G SBF on a D2. Is this the other way around?
Good question.
I'm pretty sure -I downloaded the .sbf for 2.4.330.A956 which is about 434 mb or so after extraction.
I'm totally lost.
Do you happen to have a link just to make sure I have the right one?
I started peeking at this one but am unsure if I want to use that just yet.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/170060-tool-ezsbf-d2g.html

E
DIT: After glancing at the SBFs I had downloaded, you were so right on. I've been trying to flash A955 to my phone for 7 hours.
lol
I need coffee.
And you sir deserve a Red Bull.
:)

Last edited:

Feudalplague

Reaction score
i got an issue. i have done all they were drivers and checked to see if they were correct. RSD 5.0 will not even recognize my device period.... i just wana sbf so i can get my OTA... i have done bootloader mode to see if that works no joy.