Rooting with GB Help

xthek1ng

Reaction score
Prior to getting GB, I had the stock andriod OS (2.2) I believe and I was rooted with z4. I unrooted before I download GB 608 and now every time i try to re-root using the D3 rooting, it will reboot my phoen and I get to a black screen that says something about Bootloader and some other thing about a USB cable. I can't go anywhere past that. I really miss my root and I do like GB 608. Any help is appreciated.

PGM95Z

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.. I was rooted with Z4 and had most of the bloatware blocked. Today I un-rooted with Z4 and un-blocked all the bloat ware to get the OTA update.

Got the OTA update all done and installed (2.3.3 & 4.5.608), but now I can't seem to get it rooted again.

When I try to update super user it stops with an error message "Failed to find currently installed su binary"...?
When I try root with Z4 it doesn't do anything..? (it did prompt me to turn usb debugging on the first time i tried it)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Seems like they patched the D3 root exploit. Anyone else here care to confirm?

PGM95Z

Reaction score
Found on some other forums that people have been having success using this method:

[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)
I thought I should jump in. I have followed this thread and Pete's root really works on my Droid 2 Global. I just downloaded and installed the new Gingerbread 2.3.3. But, I had to unfreeze all apps and then it took. I then ran the root exe again and all things are back to being rooted!!

I'll try it when I get home tonight, or sooner if I can find a cable here at work.

EDIT: It worked! To be on the safe side I uninstalled super user and z4root before I went through the process just to be safe..

froggy503

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. Here's what worked for me when the phone got stuck at the bootloader screen while trying to root while using D3: When D3 reboots the phone and it gets stuck at the bootloader screen:

1. Unplug the usb.
2. Pull the battery.
3. Put the battery back in.
4. Power on.
5. When red motorola symbol comes on, plug usb back in.
6. Wait for D3 to complete the next step.
7. When D3 reboots and it hangs at the bootloader screen again (and it will), go to step 1.

You'll have to do this 3 or 4 times (assumingit works like it did for me). Each time, D3 will make it one step further in the rooting process.
Basically, D3 has no idea that you unplugged the USB, pulled and replaced the battery, powered on, then plugged in the USB. It just thinks you rebooted as normal and moves on to the next step in the rooting process.

destin246

Reaction score
I did all of that and it still didn't work.... I give up

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums