Upcoming absence of Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to say to my DF family that I will be taking a break from the forums and from theming for a little while. Ever since I joined here back in June of '09, I have literally been obsessed with it! Then my theming life started and the addiction grew even stronger and has actually consumed my life since I started in December of '10. I have put it above most other things in my life and its starting to take a toll on the real world including that Joy and I have called off the wedding and split up. I need to make more time for her and our kids if I'm ever going to get her back! I will by no means completely disappear but will have limited contributions at least for a while. I will not abandon the family I have here though and I hold this community very dear to my heart. I can still be reached on Gtalk but may not respond as quick as I usually do. I will also still be handling my part of the Xparent Tapatalks.
Hopefully, this will all get better and I can be back full force...though its a long shot at this point. I didn't feel right with leaving you all without first letting you know that I am ok and what's going on. I hope you all can understand.

Sincerely,

Ryan Buckner
Droid DOES!!

Sent from my Untouchable TB using some form of Xparent Tapatalk ;)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go brother. Thanks for everything you've done for our community.

Much love!

Show those kids you love em!

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Real family first, hope you get things patched up. Thanks for your android contributions. With this shared Droid addiction, I'm sure many of us could take a step back and our families would be a appreciative;)

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Good luck DD...time off for life and family is understandable, I hope everything works out for the best!

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Hope everything goes well for you. We really appreciate all you have done here and understand sometimes you need to take a break and think of family.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good luck man! Hope you can work things out and come back on better terms.

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really appreciate the support and understanding!

Sent from my Untouchable TB using some form of Xparent Tapatalk ;)

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Takes a real man to admit his problems and correct them outright.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Take care of yourself DD, all you have done for the community is much appreciated.

Family is way more important!

Talon66721

Reaction score
You go take care of what you can. We all really appreciate everything you've done for the forums! Now, you need to go and do for yourself. We'll be here when you get back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Thanks for everything you have done hope everything goes well and everything thing works out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You'll always be a part of our family Ryan. Do what you have to do and don't look back. You will be missed my friend. I'm not going to wish you good luck because you don't need it. You will land on your feet. Talk to you soon....

OP
Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I never imagined that I would be typing this. Joy and I have called everything off...for good! The final straw happened tonight and I am DYING about it! I also NEVER imagined that we would ever be where we are.

I had said on my Pandora thread on Team BAMF's site that, if her and I didn't work it out, I would bury myself with Android like NEVER before to keep my mind off of everything. Every fiber of my being hoped and prayed that wouldn't happen but it wasn't enough. We have both just hurt and disrespected each other too much I suppose. I will take a 2 day break from everything to gather myself as I am typing through tears at the moment. For the very first time since I've joined here, I will actually be logging out. But, when I return, I will be back more than ever!

It really touches my heart that you all came together for me in this thread, PM, and Gtalk to show your support! I can't thank you all enough! I love you all!!

See ya soon,

Ryan Buckner
Droid DOES!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry to hear:frown: Take more than 2 days away from the forum and the internet in general if you can. Clear your head if you can with any other hobby. You'll get back on your feet again

You need someone to talk to don't hesitate to contact me through PM.