unrevoked root randomly dissapearing

metsfan67

Reaction score
So i rooted with unrevoked, and everything went great. Then, when i rebooted my phone to change the resolution (with Droid overclock), and when it turned back on, it said my phone was no longer rooted. The odd thing was, however, was that i still had the super user app installed. Am i not able to turn off my phone with unrevoked root? And if im not, is there any way around this? Also, when i went back to re-root using unrevoked, it says that my firmware is too new. Im sorry if this is obvious, but i just switched from a Droid x, and little did i know that rooting is an entirely different world on the incredible. Any and all help is appreciated, but just try to keep it simple! Thanks! (Also, the sooner the response the better, because all of the bloatware that i froze when i was rooted keeps giving my force close messages, and its quite annoying. Not to be pushy, but its just annoying me.)

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Also, i think I froze the computer connection thing on my phone. I'm assuming that's a big problem and why I can't re-root. Is there any way to fix that?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Someone please help! My phone is constantly getting force close messages and i can hardly use it!

Meowmix

Reaction score
Did you make a backup before you started messing around with things. If not then I would go to clockwork mod app and select fix permissions and then reboot. If that didn't do it then download a rom like skyraider or something stable on your computer and somehow place it on your SD card. Go into recovery and wipe everything install the rom and wipe again and install again and reboot. If everything is stable again MAKE A BACKUP before you do anything so you can save yourself from this.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

DINCman

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on my DINC, I ended up doing a factory reset and rerooted it with Unrevoked and it seemed to work