unrevoked forever upgrade to android 2.2?

doobie711

Reaction score
okay, i haven't booted up my incredible in nearly a month but i think the reason that clockwork wouldn't take your PB31IMG is because it needs to be installed through hboot which is what you initially load into when you hold vol down and power. it will say something like checking so and so IMGs and go through a search for a list of different zip files. the PB31IMG.zip goes in the root of your sdcard but it won't be recognized by hboot unless the sdcard is formatted as fat32 which is why i thought i had the wrong image whenever i tried to update the radio.

OP
A

amlucent

Reaction score
Ok, I formatted the SD card thtough the setup screen and re transferred the file over and tried again.. same result.. I think I am going to try to re download it before I give up. Additionally I tried putting it on the 8gb intenal storage just in case it would need to look for it there.. no go.

doobie711

Reaction score
the sdcard has to be formatted to fat32 with a windows computer. i know, it's complete crap, but for some reason that's the only format method that works for this.

OP
A

amlucent

Reaction score
grr.. i dont have a SD card reader on my windows desktop. Just tried with linux formatting as fat32 and still no go.

doobie711

Reaction score
the dependency of windows will never cease to amuse me. i tried formatting it on my mac but eventually had to take it to the windows side. can you plug your phone up to windows with the cable and then format it like that? the important thing is to make sure you format the right partition so that you don't wipe the internal memory.

OP
A

amlucent

Reaction score
ok.. used a windows VM.. what a PITA.. but it actually updated this time. so I am now going to try this new rom. might as well.. already way past my bed time.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't here as it was sleep time for me as well. Thanks doobie for helping him. Glad you got it going amlucent. Enjoy.

OP
A

amlucent

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks again guys! Rom is super stable and froyo seems very fast. This even fixed my problem I was having with my podcasts randomly skipping when played through my cars Bluetooth receiver.