Rooted stock 2.1 to rooted OTA 2.2

pxtang

Reaction score
My Droid Incredible is currently at a rooted stock 2.1 firmware with Clockwork, installed using unrevoked 3.

How do I update to 2.2 and keep the root? I've looked around but haven't been able to find a straightforward guide.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just dl'd and flash one of the 2.2 roms. You can find the on rom manager

OP
pxtang

pxtang

Reaction score
I'm just looking for HTC's 2.2 update, not a custom ROM. Is that on the ROM Manage's list as well? And if so, what is it name (I'm not sure which one it is).

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The offical one is complete rubbish. Full of bloatware and garbage. There is a custom rom built off of the OTA that is much nicer. Virtious, it can be found on rom manager

OP
pxtang

pxtang

Reaction score
Oh, cool. Will all my data be kept intact?

superbeefus

Reaction score
Yeah the official 2.2 is crap... Bloated and battery sucking. I'd back up all your pictures and music and what not, but in my experience all I had to do was restore my contacts from the backup on my SD card, and then re-install the apps I wanted.

Edit: I derp'd. Fix't!

Edit #2: Definetly backup your current rom before you flash anything though. Just in case. There's an option to do so in Rom Manager. I think that's all you need?

Last edited:
OP
pxtang

pxtang

Reaction score
Yay, all of that worked flawlessly without requiring any backups/restores.

Thanks!

OP
pxtang

pxtang

Reaction score
Actually, I noticed that my baseband didn't update. Should I update it to the latest version, and if so, how?