Unlocking the Droid X Bootloader may be closer than we think....try 2

littlerick

Reaction score
i'm guessing there is no update on this... last post was 9/9 (on alldroid). maybe one day it will be unlocked if not, its on to the next phone

littlerick

Reaction score
hoping that there will be someone that has an update on this. i posted in the right section so whats wrong with bumping a thread instead of starting a new one?

Xerozix

Reaction score
Because all of the information at the beginning of this thread is irrelevant to current events.

I would advise against posting here again, just let it die again.

dAi

Reaction score
bump this thread is the droid x unlocked as of today?

darkwolf

Reaction score
If unlocking the Droid X, means I can save the settings of my carrier and get 3G. I do bump it, I really need this.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, y'all can bump it all you want, but I think that hope is dead. It's too bad that it wasn't made clear in the subject and OP of this thread that it was for a dev phone and not a superduper unlocked leaked dev style .sbf file. I just got contacted to buy a dev phone or two from one of my sources and the price is $350 each; reported as WAY less than they "paid for there's".

And as far as the eFuse is concerned, here's a great read on it:

OPTICALDELUSION: Clearly you have no idea what an eFuse is.

it couldn't be more fully explained; and within this article we find why the DX, etc. bootloaders will probably NEVER be cracked. Hint: it's not all in the software . . . .

Last edited:

Justman8476

Reaction score
thanks for the post clearing up efuse.... these devs that creat these custom roms do excellent jobs bypassing all those things...awesome

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
the droid x bootloader will never be unlocked...the people who claimed they were close and accepted donations for it should be ashamed for misleading people, because they too should have known its impossible.

android devs are good...they're not gods...that kind of encryption has never been unlocked ever, and a group of devs on an android forum are not going to be the ones who do it...

almostghosts

Reaction score
What about kexec? Is a custom kernal realistic or is it all just hype? I'm starting to get my hopes up, maybe for not?

superglen99

Reaction score
I don't understand. There have been dozens of custom roms for the x. Liberty 1.5 being the latest. What's this locked bootloader bs? Droid x is rooted and rommed. What else is there??

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
True custom recovery is the deal and true custom kernels as well.

The custom recovery for the DroidX is a bit more perverse. Unfortunately, the update.zip exploit was patched long before the DroidX was shipped to customers, but the same concept applies -- unfortunately it no longer involves booting into recovery. The new recovery method -- and I say this with some amount of disgust -- involves actually booting the system, shutting down the android interface and loading the recovery interface. The boot and recovery partitions remain completely unmodified, and technically the system needs to be bootable in order for the custom recovery to work -- if you somehow render the system unbootable prior to the point you can execute the custom recovery, you're facing reflashing the entire system back to stock and starting over again, hence my disgust.

Excerpt from:

OPTICALDELUSION: Clearly you have no idea what an eFuse is.

jdm627

Reaction score
So this means we will never have a Gingerbread leak for our X´s because for warranty I can change my X´s for HTC Incredible.
It will be a good decision or must wait for a miracle for my X?