Letter To Android Community and DF - From Blackdroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull One

Reaction score
I must say I agree with Adrynalyne. There are too many fan boys that believe they must be right at any cost. There is too much ignorance and favoritism running rampant in the Android community.

The real losers of course will be us the users. The ones that depend on people like Pete, BlackDroid, Koush, Cyanogen, Adrynalyne and the rest to do what they can to further the Android OS code base and possibly even sales of Android based phones.

How many of them will stick around when the hassle and drama is simply not worth the time they want to invest?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
People! How about a little kindness here. I'm thinking the BD could just as easily continued on with development and lived hapily ever after on the UD forum. But instead, with nothing to gain from it, the guy puts himself out there, KNOWING that people were probably going to beat him up and all we can do is kick sand in his face? Nice.

I'm really disapointed. It is not necessary to agree with BD or even like him, but I think repect and kindness need to be mandatory on the forum.

'nuf said.

J

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never used a UD rom before, have no plans to, but I have been following this situation since day 1. I think the CM loyalists need to take a step back and realize just how immature they are being. I do think there are some people, mainly devs and people on the teams of CM who have a legit beef with BD and that should be handled privately. Most of you are popping off comments without really knowing what's going on. I don't know what's really going on so because of that I give BD the benefit of the doubt and say good for him for coming back in here and apologizing. If people aren't grown up enough to accept it, so be it. No need to start yet another flame war. The horse has been dead a LOONGG time now. Like I said some people do have a legit beef and they should handle that accordingly but for the rest of you, calm down, you are letting this affect you way too much.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People! How about a little kindness here. I'm thinking the BD could just as easily continued on with development and lived hapily ever after on the UD forum. But instead, with ntohing to gain from it, the guy puts himself out there, KNOWING that people were probably going to beat him up and all we can do is kick sand in his face? Nice.

I'm really disapointed. It is not necessary to agree with BD or even like him, but I think repect and kindness need to be mandatory on the forum.

'nuf said.

J

This is what this is suppose to be about, not an opportunity for more drama and more insinuations. If you got a problem with BD take it up with him on his own forum. It's not going to be done here today.

inmate369

Reaction score
if people don't stop talking s*** no one is gonna want to cook us up some of these sweet roms we've been seeing .:icon_eek:

Rated_R

Reaction score
With the exception of the first post, this thread amuses me.

Props to BD for posting. He didn't have to. wasn't forced to. He did it cause he felt obligated to. That equals an actual decent human being. Unlike to people who continue to rehash foolish BS. It seems this community is going to direction of most forum communities, that being wise-mouthed e-thugs who forget the term SAME TEAM. We should all be working together instead of worrying about who did this and who made that. If you post something on the internet its not yours anymore. PERIOD. Kind of in the same respect of the teenage girl who posts a revealing picture of herself on the internet. That picture will last till the end of time.

You people need to relax. You will enjoy life much more when you learn how.

I have ran several different roms and my Droid like UD10 the best. It has been more stable than any other I have tested.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I try to stay out of the BS but i feel that i need to say this. Dude IMO this is some bullcorn. After all this time this is the best you can come with? There was people who stuck their neck out for you ( SRTFOOL ) and you left him twisting and taking all the heat for what you did and that wasn't cool. I understand that your internet service was down but man come on you should have been here as soon as it was up apologizing and kissing babies, but no you wait all this time to come with this. SMH

Also you said that you would give proper credit on your site when you make your Rom. Dude you really need to take a look at what your giving credit for. The average noob wont know the difference but come on. Who do you think your fooling with the BS credit?

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 5:08PM
Updated -

**CAUTION**
(This rom was only made to work with SPRecovery, If it is on Koush's rom manager (which works with clockwork recovery) it has been tampered with and will not be supported. UltimateDroid Forums is the ONLY place to get your ultimate droid fix)

This is crap cause there are many people who state it works fine, including me. You and Koush need to work this out. It would save a lot of people trouble when installing the ROM

Base: ESE81 (android-2.1_r2.1s), w/some parts of android-2.1_r2.1p2, (cyanogenmod busybox and webkit) This is a slap in the face.

-Metamorphable
-Zipaligned System (blackdroid)
-Deodexed System (blackdroid)
-Optipnged System (blackdroid)
-automatic godmode (blackdroid)
-Apps2SD (Chris Soyars)
-Modified Spare Parts (blackdroid - Now Say Ultimate Droid Option - Getting Prepped for new features)
-More Efficient Live Wallpapers (Idea of Chevy's)
-Sound Recorder (Pete)
Native Instant Messaging App (Zappletoo)
Music App w/ Album Art on Widget (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by me, made widget bigger
Control Music While Phone is locked (Credit to cyanognmod)
Longer Duration Between Wifi Scans Tweak (blackroid)
Customized Native Messaging App (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by to have have white background as default
Cytown Phone Enhancement v28.1 (turn over to silence incoming phone and more - can be found in Settings -> Call Settings) Wait i thought you said it came from source? Don't you mean XDA?
Launcher2 that works smooth even w/live wallpapers enabled (chris soyars, koush, kmobs) – modified by me to have 4 columns in portrait mode and make the icons look a little crisper
Wired and Wireless Tethering (google/cyanogen - added Wired Tethering to Settings -> Wireless and Internet Settings)
HQ Video Recording Tweak (Fede)
HQ YouTube Default Tweak (xeudoxus)
Super User 2.0.3 (credit to ChainsDD)
Custom Scripts (blackdroid - Available at the bottom)
Webkit - (Cyanogenmod) Dude webkit was created for a lot of phones. Cyanogen didn't create it

And also for the users that flash their phone
to other carriers such as cricket I have added
iptables and proxy support from cyanogen mod as well

Tools:

busybox – (cyanogenmod) Really?
Openvpn (Philip Freeman)
nano (madoco)
fstab to (droidmod)
powertop
flash image
Zipalign
Terminal
Dropbear

I know there is gonna be some backlash or this post might get deleted but FK it i don't care right is right and wrong is wrong. If the shoe were on the other foot i would say the same thing. Flame away.
P.s. For those who don't like paragraphs or lack the brain cells to read them skip over this.

Cytown Phone Enhancement v28.1 (turn over to silence incoming phone and more - can be found in Settings -> Call Settings) Wait i thought you said it came from source? Don't you mean XDA?

is from source, get it form xda and the alphabetical spacing wont work correctly, have to add form source for it to work right, so no not xda.

busybox – (cyanogenmod) Really?

yes really, cyanogen has a more updated busybox they built, thats y they are credited.

Webkit - (Cyanogenmod) Dude webkit was created for a lot of phones. Cyanogen didn't create it

same as above, they updated beyond the basic one, thats why they are credited

Base: ESE81 (android-2.1_r2.1s), w/some parts of android-2.1_r2.1p2, (cyanogenmod busybox and webkit) This is a slap in the face.

you do realize all devs make code but also use the AOSP source code from google also. i followed a tutorial on how to build a source rom and it used cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 source and the AOSP google source. so yeah, no slap in the face, stuff from there source was used as well as googles as well as what Bd wrote and edited for what we wanted.

(This rom was only made to work with SPRecovery, If it is on Koush's rom manager (which works with clockwork recovery) it has been tampered with and will not be supported. UltimateDroid Forums is the ONLY place to get your ultimate droid fix)

This is crap cause there are many people who state it works fine, including me. You and Koush need to work this out. It would save a lot of people trouble when installing the ROM

reason for this is we did not add it to rom manager, koush did. we dont care but cant guarantee there will be no problems with it, and if there is your more or less on your own. no saying you will or wont, just we didnt add it and dont service problems from rom manager. as in bad download, corrupt, wont install, fails to boot. stuff like that. same disclaimer as if you put in a thread if you use and it breaks your phone we are not responsible for it. called protecting and watching out for ourselves.

if you check spare parts on the phone, the top category has been renamed to Ultimate Droid Rom options, to do that it needs to be built from source.

as far as Pete, the boot script is already on the phone bc if you load setcpu it boots up set to performance. and why would we use his script when he doesnt have apps2sd or any features we do? using his script we would have to rewrite the whole thing, at that point why not rewrite the one google already packaged with it? i cant answer everything, defend everything, but the above is just stuff that is simple to figure out and understand.

i know this is a thanks thread, but wanted to answer his questions directly so all can see the correct answers to things. i asked BD directly about everything i wrote above. Not opinion or anything, plain fact.

and someone explain to me how a boot script would say or determine anything towards the whole rom is copied from cyanogenmod? btw on that note, 5.0.7 is in beta testing still, how did we copy it? we took ur beta and magically it works? anyone that wants to pm me directly and answer that would be great, bc there beta 0 having tons of broken stuff and ud does not? are they trying to say we stole there beta and fixed it and released as our own? in that case did koush as the ultimate droid rom options into spare parts then? if so why? as i stated please pm directly with any answers to any of these questions i have.

i made this post here bc DF has a lot of traffic and our forums is our users and they dont care about all this, they like our rom and thats that.

SO PLEASE DONT START A FLAME WAR IN THE THREAD, DIRECTLY PM ME ON HERE OR UD FORUMS. DF DOES NOT NEED ANY MORE PROBLEMS ON THERE FORUMS ABOUT THIS! THANK YOU

Reaction score
In all honesty I am a huge fan of CM and i was upset when this whole thing came out. But since ur apology it is not hard to forgive and forget. You are an amazing developer and I have the utmost respect for you.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm going to ask nicely that the snide remarks and negative comments be left out of this thread. I'm deleting all the ones that carry this tone and i'm sorry if i offended anyone

Carry on :D

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask nicely that the snide remarks and negative comments be left out of this thread. I'm deleting all the ones that carry this tone and i'm sorry if i offended anyone

Carry on :D

you cant affend me cakes! to much love there :) please leave the post i made, answers questions from the first one so people now whats up.

cesarderio57

Reaction score
I give my wife crap when she watches thoses reality shows cause all the people are always fighting and arguing and now it seems im watching the same happen here. come on everyone we must stick together. We all have a common enemy and that is that evil corporation and all their fanboys, so lets push all this negativity into making roms and kicking sum apple a**. I feel better now

Status
Not open for further replies.