unofficial announcements of blackdroid section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Reaction score
I am sure that the staff will address this in a more formal manner. However from statements made by staff in several threads does clear things up for the most part. So here is what has been said thus far.

This was a statement by Cereal Killa
"We had to close down the BD area because it became out of hand and a flame war. Unfortunately A LOT of members got caught in the crossfire A thread for people looking for UD v10 support became anything but. It was like a home being flooded and the ONLY way to stop the flood was to board up the windows and doors. I 100% agree that it simply is not fair that the majority has suffered because of what the minority did. I've voiced my displeasure in the Mod forum saying such but here we are. I deeply apologize that this had to happen but it was really the LAST resort. BD will be up and running soon so there is no need to worry that it's been closed indefinitely. He WILL be up and running again I hope that helps to shed some light on the situation and again we here at DF do apologize for the inconvenience I do recommend checking out the Rescue Squad in the interim."

Here is a statement made by Sam

"i can give you a little bit of a heads up without overstepping my bounds.. BD is making some changes to his ROM (might call the changes 10.1, though creating a new thread for it with a changelog with a whole lot of info in it.... from outside our forum, so steps are being taken to handle this situation o back here. this SHOULD all blow over in a day or so, but the BD section sho back here. this SHOULD all blow over in a day or so, but the BD section sho and an updated v10 (whatever he will call it, if he even changes the name) a just hang in there guys, this stuff takes time to get it right... we want to mak maturity so that we don't start another flame war between forums and devs"

And another statement made today by CK

"Unfortunately guys it MAY not happen today. Tomorrow it should be up and running but again there is a chance, a small one, it will get reopened today. I've voiced my opinion already in this thread that I'm just as upset as most of you but please bear with us."

So that's where this is at... hope this helps

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet. That depends on a few other things...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Any word on whether or not Cyanogen was "unbanned"?

He owes an apology first. He's disrupted this forum and I do not take that lightly.

He issues an apology his ban gets lifted if not so be it.

I'm not playing these games anymore.

DF members come first not someone intent on disrupting our forums.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

He owes an apology first. He's disrupted this forum and I do not take that lightly.

Sounds very reasonable to me. Is Koush still a member here?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sounds very reasonable to me. Is Koush still a member here?

Koush is here and he has been very helpful with helping us put our guide together.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I think this is best left to the admins here guys... no dis-respect to the mods, but we don't need any power trips and he needs to apologize etc, let it go and let the admins address the issue.

With that said.... it looks like the delay of opening the bd section is a results of bd re-building his rom without cyanogen source.... so he doesn't have to give credit... (just a guess)

R1Lover

Reaction score

Let me re-word that for you if you don't mind, in a more friendly moderator way.

The ball is in cyanogen's court... we are working to resolve the issues.... once we do and all parties are in agreement, it will be his choice to come back here or not.

We respect all members here and are trying to do the best thing for the integrity of the forum and members alike.

There...... doesn't that sound much better? no need for a power trip or attitude & games either bro.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
In before the lock.

I'd rather the mods tell it like it is then give us some flowery story.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this is best left to the admins here guys... no dis-respect to the mods, but we don't need any power trips and he needs to apologize etc, let it go and let the admins address the issue.

With that said.... it looks like the delay of opening the bd section is a results of bd re-building his rom without cyanogen source.... so he doesn't have to give credit... (just a guess)

Not really. And no one is power tripping. CK is easily the most level headed one of us here. He won't say anything that isn't a direct representation of the staff. Count on that.

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Uh... here's Cyanogen's response. Don't shoot the messenger!
Dock-20100414-091740.jpg

R1Lover

Reaction score
You could very well be right Sam, but his post didn't come across that way..... but it's all good!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Let me re-word that for you if you don't mind, in a more friendly moderator way.

The ball is in cyanogen's court... we are working to resolve the issues.... once we do and all parties are in agreement, it will be his choice to come back here or not.

We respect all members here and are trying to do the best thing for the integrity of the forum and members alike.

There...... doesn't that sound much better? no need for a power trip or attitude & games either bro.
No attitude or power trip. That is the way it is. I extend NO special treatment to anyone.

Look at my track record R1 and I am always fair. When it comes to this I take it serious. I will put the members AND DF forums before any one individual every time.

My original statement stands and thats the way it will be.

I will not let one individual ruin these forums or experience for our users.

Not worth it to me. There are no games or attitude involved.

I hope that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.