Unlocked HTC 10 Includes Verizon Bands, But Won't Work On Verizon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the official specs were added to the pre-order page on HTC.com for the Unlocked version of the HTC 10 there was a bit of excitement that the phone features all the bands needed for a phone to fully work on Verizon's network. Knowing how Verizon likes to do business I figured this was too good to be true. Sure enough the question was asked and Mo Versi HTC's VP Product Management confirmed that you would need to purchase your 10 from Verizon for it to work on Verizon's network.

Even so the hope remained that the unlocked version might still work. As soon as mine arrived I popped my Verizon sim into the sim tray and.... no go! I took to the interwebs, surely this was a software thing. Maybe I could hack it. So far it seems that Verizon is intentionally booting the unlocked version from the network. When you go to settings it shows "PRI Version : Not Available" and "PRL Version : Not Available". It looks like the only hope we have for the unlocked version to work with Verizon is for Verizon to add the unlocked IMEIs to their system.

Hopefully someone will figure this out. It just seems absolutely stupid that the phone contains the proper bands, and you still can't use it on Verizon's network.

via XDA

badtoy1986

Reaction score
Maybe you should switch to a more consumer friendly carrier.