unlimited data

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I ordered my wife a nexus on the 27th. When I called them to activate it they told me that when they put it in the system it took away her unlimited data. They said that they would submit a ticket and the problem would get resolved. Well they called me back today and said that they can not put unlimited data back in the system and because we are all on the same plan we would have to switch to there new plan. I told them that I would not do that and they told me that they are sorry but there is nothing else that they can do. What are my options here I am not giving up my unlimited data on any of my lines

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'd talk to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, return the phone and cancel the new contract.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Raise some noise, ask for a supervisor and another supervisor, tell them you'll post about it everywhere in forums, blogs, website and anyone else who would listen, tell them you'll start a petition at change.org and that your wife's bosses friend works for the newspaper.... i'm sure you got the point... don't give in... Good luck.

Caesars

Reaction score
Talk to a supervisor, keep going up the chain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I am on hold with verizon right now and he told me that a lot of people are going to have this problem when the Samsung galaxy S3 start to get activated. I am on hold for another supervisor right now because now one can help me they all say the same thing " the system will not allow them to change it"

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
They said that they are going to get ahold of the corporate office and they would call me back in a couple of days. Should I keep calling them back or should I give them a couple of days. My wife's phone keeps telling us that it is at the data limit and we need to buy more data

Caesars

Reaction score
I would keep calling back, also make them notate your account of the situation. Have your wife Call in and have her csr verify that the account is notated,Before you actually hang up. They're going to be saying anything to get off the phone lol. I would personally not stop calling until it's resolved, too much $$$ is at risk.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I do know Verizon's system was down recently, probably maintenance for their new turd plans (sorry meant "tiered"), but I'm sure there's work around they're just testing your patience. Just stay persistent in contacting them, I'm sure they'll get you your unlimited data back.

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I'm curious what will happen with this too. Already dreading buying my next phone full-retail. :icon_eek:

Caesars

Reaction score
Any news (OP)?

rjcapp

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
They said that they are going to get ahold of the corporate office and they would call me back in a couple of days. Should I keep calling them back or should I give them a couple of days. My wife's phone keeps telling us that it is at the data limit and we need to buy more data

My experience is that they call back 50% of the time. I would keep on them in a big way. Give them 2 days then I would call them every day. What does the new contract say in writing. They have to honor that.

rlivin

Reaction score
I sure would not wait for a call back. i cant count that high the times that told me that and never call. try to get it escalation dept and get thier number . dont give up they can definetly over ride the system. good luck

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I called them back again and have been on the phone with them for the last hour in a half. As of right now they told me that every time her phone tells her that she has reached her data limit to just get 2 more gigs of data and that they will take it off of are bill. They said that it might take a few days to get this fixed. So at least they are trying to make it right. It only took me talking to about 10 different people just to get this far

Caesars

Reaction score
O Dear, i hope they actually credit those extra gigs lol

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Caesars said:
O Dear, i hope they actually credit those extra gigs lol

I checked my bill and they credited my bill for the two extra gigs and put a 50$ credit on there. So it really does seem like Verizon knows that they messed up and that they are trying to make up for it.