Getting a Nexus, have a question about plans.

Insidious

Reaction score
Alright so next week I'm finally getting the Nexus. My plan is to put it on my month to month phone with a 2 year contract. I then want to put the nexus on my D2G line with unlimited data and downgrade the new line that I had originally put the Nexus on, to the 9.99 plan. I was told by tech support that this would work, but I want to make sure because the same person told me a few things that didn't work; causing me to totally screw up the plan I had going. So what do you guys think? Anyone do this?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. You can do that no problem. Add the line to get the Nexus at a discounted price. Swap the Nexus to your current line. Then revert the new line to a $9.99 plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Yes. You can do that no problem. Add the line to get the Nexus at a discounted price. Swap the Nexus to your current line. Then revert the new line to a $9.99 plan.

Thanks for the reply! My day has been made!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure thing. It's no problem as long as you go directly through Verizon. Sometimes places like Amazon have clauses that say you have to leave the phone on a certain line for 6 months. But if you go through Verizon they don't care what you do with the newly activated phone